“Wonderful neighborhood gem!”
Review of Localis

Localis
Reserve with OpenTable
Localis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 9 June 2016

A lot of Sacramento residents mourned when Tuli closed down. Localis is at the old tuli location at the corner of S and 21st and what a fabulous find it is! From the moment you walk in the chef makes you feel so welcome. The bar looks over into the open kitchen which makes it quite interesting. I prefer the patio for comfort and privacy particularly when you're having a multi course meal. You can't go wrong with the tasting menu and wine pairings. But you must also order the grilled octopus. This one is of urban legend proportions. Thanks for a great meal and anniversary dinner.

1  Thank jun_r

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I'm not sure why this is listed as a vegetarian restaurant - I had duck breast as my entrée, and octopus to start. The food was excellent. If you go, you must have the octopus starter: it's apparently one of the chef's specialties, and I can see why. Crispy on the outside, and not at al chewy, it's awesome.

The duck was good, but I wish I'd gone with the cappalini. I tried a bite of my wife's, and it was excellent.

The wine list was okay - not incredibly extensive, but most of the wines were available by the glass. I enjoy this, because I like being able to switch wines with each course, which is not always feasible when dining out with one other person if you have to buy the bottle.

The building leaves something to be desired. You basically have to choose between sitting at the chefs table, or sitting in a covered patio.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who is tired of the usual "nice" restaurants in Sac (eg Firehouse, Ella, Grange, Waterboy, etc.)

1  Thank echocrest
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

A fantastic find, all local sourced menu. Including wine and beer, we had great service and even better meal. The prix fix menu was very good. I had fantastic lamb, and crevice to start, my wife had the bone marrow with an asparagus starter. A great meal.

1  Thank rassociate
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Our party of four ate a multi-course meal at this restaurant on a busy Saturday night. The food was very uniquely prepared, and delicious. Localis prides itself on locally sourcing the best quality ingredients for the food they prepare. Not inexpensive, but if you're looking for a fulfilling, delicious meal, this is a good choice.

1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I love that this place uses all local ingredients including serving local beers. The menu is varied and a tasting menu is available, but it didn't sound that interesting to us. I had the Thai Duck Confit. It was very good, but I didn't detect any Thai flavors. My sweetie had the sunchoke garganelli. It was also good, but not outstanding. We didn't order dessert because there were only two, uninteresting options. I think this place can be great, but it's still working things out.

1  Thank sactokaren