“Great Carnitas”

Florez Bar & Grill
Ranked #257 of 2,133 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We both had a Chimichangas, one carnitas the other carne asada. They both were excellent. Another sign of a good restaurant was also met, very good beans.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I've dined out a lot and this place is easily in top 3 for Mexican food...perhaps number 1.  Great service...food is outstanding and with live Mariachi band playing and a cold Margarita in your hand...how can it get better?

Grab a container of the Salsa Verde to go...I'm throwing out all the salsa in my fridge...knowing I have a container of their salsa  (which is much better that anything I've tried in a bottle) sitting right there.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We were staying at a nearby AirBnB property, and our hosts recommended. We went for Mexican breakfast our first full day in Sacramento. It's beautifully decorated, has great music, and wonderful people. My mom and I both had Chile Colorado... so flavorful, tender pork, and my mom, who tends to like more familiar foods, really liked this. She was expecting more like a bowl of chili and was very pleasantly surprised with the pork in great sauce over eggs. Mine was "Huevos Divorciados", cleverly named and plated, with an egg on each side, one with Chile Colorado and one with Chile Verde, separated by beans and rice in the middle. My husband had "the biggest breakfast burrito he had ever seen, and took half back with him. He was also very happy. Really good coffee. I've heard their Amaretto French Toast is great also. They have so many choices. Prices are reasonable... I think ours were about $10 each, very substantial and enjoyable. I would love to go back if we are in the area again and may go back on our last morning even though we will be elsewhere. This was our first AirBnB experience, and Florez' breakfast really made us feel, in a great way, like we were "living like a local." They have Mariachi musicians on Friday night and on Sunday at 11am.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

It was late Sunday night and we had done a lot of driving, we wanted to eat without a long wait or fuss. The Westin Sacramento staff recommended this venue.

Our first impression was that it was very rustic, that turned out to be really the only negative we had that night.

Staff meet us with a smile, quick service, we had warm chips and a variety of salsa on our table before we could blink.

Two top shelf margaritas turned up soon after. The smells from the kitchen was alluring.

We order a Taco combination and Fajitas. Both made with fresh product served in quantity and just what was needed after a long day. Good food, good service all done by people who wanted to be there.
It is not fine dining but it is good local area food.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We had Sunday brunch here after visiting the antique faire. The service was great - we thought we wanted to sit outside, but quickly decided it was too hot. The staff moved us inside with no questions and no complaints. The food was delicious - from the chips and salsa to the carnitas. My husband and I both had the carnitas rancheros plates, one with green sauce and one with red. They were both excellent. They also had a mariachi band while we were there. We will definitely be back!