All reviews the holiday inn old sacramento great location walking distance railroad museum hotel restaurant valet parking front desk staff the river one night stay room was clean and comfortable air conditioner state capitol convention center freeway downtown conference
Reviewed 22 May 2018

typical Holiday Inn as far as cleanliness, amenities and restaurant. Yes it's a great location if you want to walk around Old Town Sacramento or a nearby venue. The issue is the noise. If you're here for business and need rest, make sure you don't stay on the interstate 5 side of the hotel. The noise was so loud I was convinced the windows were open. They weren't. Even with ear plugs, I had trouble sleeping.

Room Tip: Don't stay on I-5 side of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank George W
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a one night stay to attend a Banquet ( held at this Hotel ). Arrival, check in and parking was easy enough. Helpful and friendly at the front desk. Room was Clean on the 10th floor, Bed felt good, and turned out to be. This place fit all our needs for a short get away. Also pick this Hotel for it's proximity to OLD TOWN. An easy walk takes you right to Old Town.

Room Tip: We could hear the Hair Drying being used in the next room --- but what would you expect.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Unbelievably slow service. Waited pne and a half hours for a $10 appetizer plate of three fish tacos, each of which had less than one tablespoon of fish. Another person at our table waited another jalf jour for a bowl of cold undercooked pasta alfredo. The waitress brought another plate of fish tacos with copious amounts of spoiled,shredded, unrecognizable fish.
This was the worst meal I have ever been served.
Avoid this restaurant at all costs!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank seembee
Barry M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Greetings Seembee,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the Cyprus Grille. We are truly sorry we impacted your experience by not delivering our standard of a quality meal in a timely manner. If you could, please contact me directly and we would be happy to make it right.
Barry

Reviewed 27 February 2018

The staff and stay were very pleasant. I stayed here for work while attending a trade show. The staff was very kind and accommodating. The room was a little chilly, as it was a wintery cold breezy night (old thin windows). The room service breakfast was great and arrived to my room nice and hot. I can't really say anything bad about this place. Just chilly at night. Very close, walking distance, to Old Sacramento too.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This was one of the first hotels that made me feel important from the front desk to all support staff, they understand customer service, would stay here again. Very close to places of interest and easy to get to off the freeway

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business