New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo

Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Hacienda Heights, California
“A Diamond In The Rough For The Road Warrior”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Being a weekly road warrior through out the West, it is wonderful to find such attentive and resourceful hotels like the Courtyard at Cal Expo. The staff is always kind, courteous and reaching above and beyond the "call of duty" for me. I appreciate their consistent focus on making their hotel somewhere I want to stay when I am in Sacramento. Their fitness room is incredible and one of my favorite parts of the hotel. Thank you for being one of a select few hotels worth spending my hard earned dollars.

Room Tip: Just ask! The staff is always very helpful.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wblom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Alturas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

My coworker and I had a conference scheduled here, so we stayed overnight. I did a credit card authorization with no problems (rare), and our checkin was less than 5 minutes total. I requested an upper floor quiet room and recieved it! The room was clean and well maintained and the beds were very comfortable. I read the reviews of noisy rooms, but I am a firm believer in running the fan while we are in the room- white noise is wonderful for drowning out any irritating noises. We visited with some other friends down for the conference in the comfortable bar area in the evening. The hotel itself is centrally located in Sacramento so your drive time is nice and short.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenipela
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard the last week of April. We had one week to visit many of our California relatives - included four grand children - sons and daughters - etc.

Can I tell you that after a full day of visiting family - it was such a treat to arrive back at our room at the Courtyard. The front desk was always available - good late diners served at the bar area - and rooms that were immaculate and so quiet we got a full nights rest.

Last year we came out to visit relatives and made a huge mistake staying at an Inn on the other side of the freeway (80). It was a disaster - fooms were dirty - no elevators - always had to ask for towels, etc.

We are from the Sacramento area - are retired and live in Georgia. So after a long flight - getting car rental, etc. we were tired. To walk into Courtyard by Marriott was such a nice surprise. Easy access to our room and elevator - just a wonderful atmosphere.

I did a lot of shopping for hotels before selecting Marriott (after last year's fiasco and I made a great choice. I have been meaning to get this rating posted for a month now - so here it goes.

Thanks to the staff and management who made this visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nancy c
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Not only is it very clean and comfortable but also excellent location! Very friendly and courteous staff. We were there on a medical trip to UC Davis Medical Center. We got there early and were told that our room was not ready yet. When I explained to the young lady at the reception that my husband needed to rest, she immediately found me another room and got us in fast. The photos do make it seem a lot larger and nicer than it really is, but it's nice enough. The room felt a little small.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MStraveller26
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Chose this hotel for a recent business trip in Sacramento because it was among the less expensive options. I'll never understand why hotels in this area are so expensive! Be that as it may, this was a good choice and one I will use again.

There is ample free parking and the check-in was efficient and friendly. I usually book the AAA rate, and this was the first time in years that I've actually been asked to see my card. Not a problem.

My large 2-queen bed room was clean, updated and well-appointed. LCD TV (one or two of the channels were pixelated, but no big deal) with several HBO choices. Refrigerator, coffee maker, and ear plugs. Ear plugs? Apparently some people are bothered by the trains that go by and I-80 across the parking lot. I barely noticed. The thermostat in my room clearly does not work, as it registered the temperature as much higher than it actually was. Once I made a mental note of the "conversion factor," it was no longer an issue.

There is a bar in the lobby that I barely noticed until I went out late at night to grab some sundries from a local grocery store. The drunk guests in front of the hotel clued me in to the bar's existence.

The fitness center and pool looked well taken care of, although I wasn't able to use them on this stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business