“Birthday Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th
Transit: 1 1/2 half block away form the K & 12th Lightrall station
Description: Established in 1988 and located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, Dawson’s Steakhouse has been a local favorite for over a quarter of a century and considered one of the best restaurants in Sacramento. Dawson’s serves farm-to-fork cuisine sourced locally and seasonally to reflect the richness of the Sacramento Valley. From fresh seafood to California grass-fed beef, Dawson’s Steakhouse offers a contemporary twist of steakhouse classics and some bold originals. Enjoy fresh, local food, craft cocktails and exceptional service for an unforgettable dining experience at our landmark, AAA Four Diamond Sacramento restaurant.
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Delicious food and wonderful atmosphere. The staff made sure to check on us and keep our glasses filled and bread on the table.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The Hyatt is an exceptional location across from the state capitol. Dawson's provides an exceptional meal. The steaks are great and this is an ideal place for a business or personal meal.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

My husband ordered a NY steak which was cooked according to order however it was a bit tough and dry. The baked potato was huge and delicious, enough for 2 people. I ordered a tenderloin which was good but nothing special. My daughter had the Dawson burger which was delicious. I would recommend the burger. My husband and I wished we had ordered that instead. I will add that the service was excellent! The restaurant is elegant, relaxing but pricey.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

The GF and I were in the mood for some good beef, and chose Dawson's from it's TA reviews. Were we glad we did! The service provided by our friendly and helpful waiter was impeccable, and the food was outstanding. She had a small filet, while I had a big chunk of prime rib; both were prepared exactly as ordered. The wine selection was excellent, and our appetizers were tasty. Valet parking was a plus. Got a new favorite place in Sacramento!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My son and I liked this place. It has an old world steak house atmosphere. The lobster in his surf and turf was not over cooked, and the wagyu steak was tender. Great place to eat. Hotel is a bit noisy.

Date of visit: May 2016