“Can't beat a freshly made 8" breakfast burrito for $5”
Review of Tantric

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tantric
Ranked #878 of 2,253 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were staying at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento, and were looking for an alternative to the $21 breakfast buffet at that place. I would not have even remembered how to spell Tantric, and only knew the spelling after checking my visa statement.

Tantric is located on 1215 K street in downtown Sacramento, just around the corner from the Hyatt Regency on one side, and the Sheraton on the other side, and across the street from the Convention center. It's open weekdays 7am-4pm, and weekends 9am-4pm, serving breakfast and lunch.

The place seems to specialize in coffee drinks, but they have breakfast burritos also at $4.95 a pop, for an 8" long burrito, with a mixture of cheddar/monterey jack cheese, egg, and a choice of ham, bacon or sausage meat.

The order is made on the spot for, and takes 5-10 minutes for the burrito to be made, with salsa and sour cream on the side. It's Memorial Day weekend, and the place seems deserted, with a nearby restaurant recently closed. Our dish comes newly made, with the flour tortilla piping hot. I cut it in half, and spread the salsa on the egg mixed with sausage. A very good deal for $5, and made with fresh ingredients.

We will be back, the next time we are in downtown Sacramento, although I remember last Memorial day weekend, this restaurant was closed all weekend, and we had to eat at the Subways a block away on J street for breakfast. There is also a breakfast place on L street two blocks east on L street next to Ma Jong's, called something like Breakfast 150L.

1  Thank robert c
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've gone here about a half dozen times in the last couple of months. They have a nice selection of breakfast and lunch items for a coffee shop. Also, they're not nearly as busy as the surrounding Starbuck's, so it's always easy to dip in quick.

My main complaint is the temperature of their beverages. Whenever I order an espresso drink, it's very lukewarm. I end up having to try to drink it extremely fast so that it won't go completely cold on me. If they could get some sort of guidelines going as far as beverage temperature, I think this would be a preferable place to Starbucks. But until then, I'll have to get my hot coffee from somewhere else.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

What a find. Fellow convention goers at the Sacramento Convention Center stood in very long lines for coffee, food all weekend. We walked footsteps across the street to Tantric and no long lines. Pleasant service, excellent food, great value.
Between all our family members we had the Italian sandwich, Egg Salad Sandwich, wraps, salads, and lattes. All, terrific. So nice to support a non chain, but also so nice not to stand in long lines at Convention Center so if you are at the Center, slip away and you'll dine within minutes and have a nice meal, return to the Center and still see your friends standing in a long line for not so nice food.

1  Thank ElizabethStreetMoM