“Consistent in serving good food!”
Review of The Waterboy

The Waterboy
Ranked #5 of 2,135 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th
Description: We feature a seasonal menu, inspired primarily by the beautiful cuisines of northern Italy and southern France. In addition, we offer a diverse wine list and a full bar featuring artisanal cocktails and aperitifs.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Always a place that we go to for special occasion and never disappoints. The food is always fresh and delicious, servers attentive and fast service. I've had their scallops and their steak and as always fresh seafood and cooked just right. The steak is tender and cooked just right. Their salads are also fresh and the desserts are equally delicious.

Mahan_Restaurants, Manager at The Waterboy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

We're so glad you have enjoyed your experiences with us. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Wonderful dining experience. The service is unparalleled and sincere. I despise fine dining where the service is stuffy, pretentious or fake. Like they are phoning in manners when they would rather be doing anything else but serving YOU. The Waterboy is not like this at all. The servers actually take a moment to find out what might fit your taste, make suggestions and accommodate you with sincerity and thoughtfulness. We had a lovely dinner and I would highly recommend the food. The menu changes every couple of months, but I have yet to not be amazed at the sumptuous entrees and appetizers. Win win.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The fall menu recently arrived. The current version of sweetbreads is outstanding. The sweetbreads are served on a slider-sized cheese brisk in a lemon-caper-marsala sauce. This item is always the best version in two, and can be upsized at dinner as an entree. The Taco Truck lunch changes with the seasons as well. The current offering has three open-face mini corn tortillas, each topped with generous portions of carnitas topped with a diced tomato salsa accompanied by jasmine rice and fresh sweet corn. The coffee creme brulee and the profitoros (filled with toasted almond ice cream) capped a pleasant meal.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

A group of 6 of us attending as a business dinner - what an amazing restaurant. Our server (Jake I think) was amazing - he expertly explained the menu to us and was incredibly pleasant. All 6 of us had different variations of menu items and everyone raved over how good they were. I had the duck and it was absolutely amazing. This restaurant has amazing reviews and it is easy to see why.

Mahan_Restaurants, Manager at The Waterboy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We're glad you and your group enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The Waterboy has been a marker of good taste among well heeled Sacramentans for some time. And I'd yet to dine there. So when my cousin came to town I made a reservation and we went for lunch.

I arrived on time but my Iowa cousin got a little lost and was going to be late. I was seated immediately and provided with water and then ice tea. The entire staff was relaxed and interested without becoming over bearing. My wait passed quickly, we ordered and soon lunch was served.

My cousin chose the massive chicken BLT and raved. I thought I ordered the skirt steak.what came was a steak, heirloom tomato with greens salad. Yummy but different than what I thought I ordered. My medium steak was also chewy.

My cousin picked up the check but lunch is easily over $20 per person. The ambiance and service did lift the overall experience.

Mahan_Restaurants, Manager at The Waterboy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hi Julie, Thanks for coming in to give us a try. We're glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Our current steak offering does include a salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Potatoes & Roasted Onions, but if there is ever something about your meal that is not to your liking please do not hesitate to let us know so we can correct it. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to write a review!