“Good food right on the river.”
Review of Rio City Cafe

Rio City Cafe
Ranked #30 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer a delicious high-quality, farm-fresh American cuisine with lots of meats and seafood on the scenic riverfront in Old Sacramento. Casual, full bar, kid-friendly, fun atmosphere. Park in the Tower Bridge Garage, bring in your ticket, and we validate for 2 hours.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stopped here for lunch with some friends. The food was good as was the service. A nice day eating outside made it even better.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We had 3 couples and made reservations with Open Table. We requested and received outside seating. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was very well presented -beautiful! And what is even more important is that it all tasted delicious! I had the pork tenderloin, flavorful and just the right amount of heat. (I recommend the Ferraro Carano Sienna Blend -worked well with the spice) Others had and enjoyed the Jambalaya, Seafood Linguine and Steak as well as the Swordfish. The Sourdough Cheese Bread appetizer was truly scrumptious as well.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This place got very good ratings on tripadvisor. I would not seek this place out as on of the better restaurants in town. I found the Jambalaya to be very god and the prices decent. The place lacked atmosphere which is weird because I went there to be on the river. If it has a river view I never saw it. I walked around the place after dinner to see the riverfront. And yes! it is on the river. Maybe the river area was closed. If you are near buy and looking for a good place to eat I would say that is above average and reasonably priced. The bar is nice and has decent TVs. The staff is friendly. This place with a river view could be a four star; Especially if the bar has a river view.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I got turned on to the place by my sister in a previous visit, so I brought wifey here. She doesn't normally like cold shrimp, but she tried the shrimp cocktail and loved it, especially the cocktail sauce which she described as approaching a good salsa. And the quantity was huge for the price! I had some buffalo wings and the rosemary fries. The wings were good and the fries were awesome! Although the wine list isn't extensive, there was a wide variety of varietals to choose from, even by the glass. Services as also very friendly. Unfortunately, it was too windy to allow outside seating. One sour note was a manager telling a story to waitresses about a woman that drank too much and got sick all over the place. Had I heard that before I ate, I probably wouldn't have been able to. I'd think a manager would know better than to tell a story like that within earshot of a customer. Otherwise, I'd have given this a 5.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We visited early October and sat at a table on their large patio.
The dishes ordered were: Jambalaya (very good) Swordfish (very good),Crab Cake (very good), Clam Chowder (very good) and a hamburger which was dry and chewy(a disappointment). Overall two of the three were very satisfied and enjoyed their meal. There is two hour street parking. I believe there is longer term parking in a parking lot.
The service was prompt.