“Beautiful setting, great food”
Review of The Firehouse

The Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: K & L
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous brunch on Easter Sunday at the Firehouse.The food was excellent, service very good and as always the atmosphere is very nice. We have eaten at the Firehouse for years and yet to be disappointed. For a special occasion or just the desire for a great meal, I highly recommend the Firehouse.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We love The Firehouse restaurant and have lunch there every month. The food is always delicious and our server has our drinks waiting for us when we arrive. It is the best restaurant in Sacramento!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is a unique building, originally an actual fire station, and well over 100 years old. (The original brass fire pole still exists.) It is beautifullly maintained and decorated, and has excellent food -- generally matched by fairly high prices. In summer weather, the outdoor courtyard is another beautiful venue for relaxed and elegant dining. Again, one of the best restaurants in Sacramento for the past forty years -- and it will probably remain so for the next forty, at least.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The food was awesome; they have great apps, main courses and deserts. Everything I tried on mine or my wife’s plate was first class but the real star was the butter nut squash risotto, it was amazing! The service was spot on and the staff very attentive. One thing to be aware of is the cost, everything is pricey (Food and Drink). They have a massive wine list but the cheapest bottle is 80 dollars. I would recommend bringing in your own wine and paying the corking fee.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I dined at The Firehouse the week of April 9, 2012 with a party of 14 or 15 people. The service was absolutely impeccable! The chef impressed us with complimentary smoked salmon on a crisp won ton and a blackberry sorbet. He wet our whistles! Then, I had appetizers: crab cakes, fried brie, and "bits of filet mignon." Everything was tasty. The chef teased us quite well.Ready for the entree! I had the special for that night which was Alaskan cod with black rice and brussel sprouts. Well seasoned and tasty! The cod was prepared perfectly! Others had the filet mignon and rib eye. The filet mignon was mounted on a fried potato that was shaped like a bundt cake. The food platings seemed to be at the level of an iron chef. In addition, they have a great wine list and offer specialty cocktails.

I highly recommend The Firehouse in Old Sacramento for business dinners and a romantic dinner.