“Absolutely Delicious!”

Muntean's Sandwiches and Soup
Ranked #119 of 2,253 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This little gem is located across from the Sheraton Grand on J Street. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this place. If you're looking for a delicious sandwich, either cold or hot, this is the place for you. They also offer an array of yummy soups and stews. I ordered the hot ham and cheese sandwich with the Hungarian stew. Wow! It was so yummy and spicy. The kind lady offered a taste and I'm so glad she did. I would have never thought to order it. It is definitely spicy, so do try a taste before you order it. I also ordered the clam chowder for my husband, but after tasting the Hungarian stew, we both thought it was hands down one of the best stews we've tasted. I had to go back the next day, which was Saturday, to try their lobster bisque and several other delicious options. To my dismay, they are closed on Saturday and Sunday. Bummer! They also close early during the week at 3:30 p.m.

I will definitely be back next time we are in town!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Beef gyro was outstanding, highly recommend. Lots of soup choices and they will even let you sample. Only downside was felt like my table was in the storage room.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Get here around 11 before the lunch crowd and you'll get fresh foccacia still warm from the oven. The owner is really funny and customer service is excellent. They let you try the soup before ordering. I never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I usually don't go downtown much anymore due to traffic and the cost and hassle to park your car. As I had to be there for my Jury Duty responsibility, I took the time during lunch to find a nice place to eat. I was lucky enough to find Muntean's.

I was blown away by the fact that they encourage you to taste as many of their homemade soups as you would like. They are made fresh every day, and they certainly look and taste that way. There would be no end to the variety that they have there since they also make sandwiches.

When you combine the quality of the food as well as the service, you will find that this is an awesome place for lunch - which is confirmed by the number of people standing in line. While it is not a large establishment, people were very happily standing in line to wait their turn to taste and decide which of the wonderful homemade soups they would order.

TIP - come early, and take your time to decide. The soups change, but there is also a LOT to choose from.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

In Sacramento for work and a little under the weather and needed soup. Found Munteans...sweetest ever people and soup I wish I could eat every day!!!