All reviews breakfast attendant the breakfast area french doors third floor modern hotel check in was a breeze easy walking distance oatmeal a great place to stay front desk staff room was clean blinds midtown plugs closet bedding tub
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I like the hotel. It is funky but has a good feel. However, there were some things that need to be addressed.
When I took the pillows off the bed to pull down the sheets, there was a dead bug in my bed. Being as I have never seen a bedbug, I didn't know if that was what I was looking at. I called the desk and the attendant came up to my room and assured me it wasn't a bedbug, but gave me a different room nonetheless. She checked it over and it appeared to be clear of bugs that we could see. I had no further problem with bugs.

I also had reserved a room for friends of mine who were meeting me there. They had a problem with the toilet not flushing and it overflowed into the bathroom. People came up to their room to fix and clean up the mess. There was no further problem with that.

I was staying on the 3rd floor and looking down at the large plants and ceiling fans, they were very visibly dusty as well as the exposed AC pipes along the ceiling. All these dusty things were right over where they served breakfast in the morning. We ate elsewhere.

In my room were a couple of windows overlooking the inner court that had blinds on them. I found the blinds were not enough to darken the room so I had a hard time going to sleep with all the light getting through. My suggestion would be to have a pull-down shade or curtains to help darken the room more.

The carpets in the halls and in the elevator were pretty dirty. They need to be cleaned or replaced. The carpets in the rooms looked new so maybe new carpets throughout are under way. The rooms were well appointed and pretty clean and comfortable.

I liked the hotel overall and would stay there again, however, if the same lack of attention to detail still existed, I would not be back. I hope they can get this stuff cleaned up because this is a quaint place to stay.

Stayed: July 2018
Jessica H, Front Office Manager at Inn Off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Christine,

I wanted to take a moment to reach out and thank you for your review and feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that our hotel did not offer you the best experience possible, and I have shared your review with upper management as well as our head of maintainence. Our guests satisfaction is extremely important to our success and we will utilize your review to make important changes to our hotel to improve our guest experience.

I am incredibly sorry that there was a bug in your bed, this is unacceptable. Our staff is trained on bed bugs, as this is an issue we take very seriously for our guests safety. I can assure you that the bug was a beetle which are common to our area in summer. We have a pest control service that treats our property who was contacted to do additional treatments based on your experience. Cleanliness is very important to us.

Thank you for your business, we truly appreciate it! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had such a lovely stay. The room was clean and fresh, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the free breakfast was very yummy. An employee named Marlinn who set up breakfast was such a joy. The Capitol building and various shops/bars are about 2-3 blocks away so that made for a nice evening stroll. We will definitely return and stay additional nights in The Inn Off Capitol. Thank you for such a nice visit!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica H, Front Office Manager at Inn Off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Anne-Spicer,

I wanted to thank you for your compliments of our hotel and our team!! I am so happy to know you and your boyfriend had a lovely stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable, clean and our staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others, we appreciate it! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay which started off with a very friendly welcome at the front desk! Room was very clean and comfortable, tastefully decorated. Breakfast was a treat with Marlynn Smith (breakfast attendant) and her attentive focus on the guests and meeting their needs. We so appreciated her friendly disposition and kindness to all.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica H, Front Office Manager at Inn Off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear HopeforAll,

I want to thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel, The Inn Off Capitol Park, and Ascend Collection. We appreciate your compliments of our hotel and staff, it is very encouraging when our guests take the time to let us know we are doing an exceptional job! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our accommodations, and that Marlynn offered you a friendly and memorable breakfast experience.

Thank you again for your review, and for making our hotel your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had two night booked to see Sacramento and chose the Inn off Capitol Park for easy access to the places we needed to visit . Parking is under the Hotel but spaces are limited. Our room was spacious and airy with all facility's we needed. The hotel was very clean and tidy with an unusual central space where breakfast was served. Breakfast was a bit basic but fine for us. The quality of the room fitting and bedding were very high.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica H, Front Office Manager at Inn Off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear tvrpieman,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay and share your experience with others. I am so happy to know that you found our hotel to be comfortable and clean, and that you enjoyed your room and the quality of our bedding.

Next time you visit Sacramento we hope you will visit us at The Inn Off Capitol Park, an Ascend Collection!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My husband and I found this hotel perfect for our needs. It was clean and comfortable and in a great midtown location. Close or easy walking distance to good food was a bonus. Parking is tight, smaller cars are easier to park here. We ended up not eating breakfast here as there are so many great places to eat in this town. We were more intrigued by the fun coffee houses and bakeries. We got some great dinner recommendations from the gentleman that checked us in. We will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica H, Front Office Manager at Inn Off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear BitBeachy,

I want to thank you for your kind review of you recent visit to The Inn Off Capitol Park, an Ascend Collection. We truly appreciate when our guests take the time to give us feedback on their stay, and share their experience with other travelers. Thank you for your compliments of our location, we love being in the heart of Sacramento within walking distance of so many great landmarks, event centers and restaurants.

Thank you for your business we look forward to seeing you in the future!