“Boutique-style hotel right across from Capitol Park” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn off Capitol Park

Inn off Capitol Park
Ranked #37 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Pasadena, California
“Boutique-style hotel right across from Capitol Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I found the staff at the desk to be very helpful. I arrived before check-in time & was told I could wait in the tiny lobby or in the atrium, which is airy & bright, with comfortable seating. I chose to go out, & I received great advice about local eateries, coffee shops, etc. in the area. They held my bags & I walked around Capitol Park, which was lovely. Roses weren't yet in bloom, but I've seen the rose garden before, & it is spectacular! My room was actually a tiny suite, with a sitting area & 2 flat screen TVs. The bed & linens were VERY comfortable & everything was immaculate. I had a room on the 3rd floor, and it was quiet all night. But there was a noise issue for me in the morning: There is an exercise room in the area of the atrium & someone was on a treadmill or some machine that made a huge racket & was talking with someone else. The door to the exercise room was open, & the sounds actually woke me up at 6:30 a.m. & I am a heavy sleeper. I could not figure out what was making those awful sounds, until I got up & investigated. Not a lot of sound insulation in the rooms, I guess. Other than that, though, I enjoyed my stay - had free cookies in the early evening, enjoyed their atrium, got a map & good advice for eating & shopping, as I was on foot & a little nervous about being out & about at night. But all was well. An enjoyable experience overall.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms, away from the exercise room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PCGeneralManager, General Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your candid review. Our employees are our most valuable assets and we are very pleased when they are helpful to our guests and succeed in making our guest feel welcome. I appreciate you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed as well so we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Hope to see you soon on your next trip to Sacramento!

Maria Lara
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great location, free parking, lovely atrium and comfortable, clean room. I read a few of the negative reviews but I found none of that. Even on New Year's Eve there was no noise problem. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and appointed with a small fridge and microwave. Everything about it was convenient. For a hotel so reasonably priced it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ATfromNY
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I cant believe i HAVE to give this place a 1STAR! I'm so disappointed. I understand that this hotel is located in midtown, very limited on space, however, it could've been better. So, we checked in on 9/16/11 around 4:30ish. We we're informed that there will be breakfast at 6am7:00 and will be served on the 2nd floor, then appointed upstairs to our room on the 2nd floor as well. Not a problem. The elevator was awkward to begin with. We get up to our room, 203, right in front of the breakfast and lounge area, awkward. The people in the lobby were rude, they just stared at us. The room, It was small, there was a fridge, a small desk, a "queen" bed, which was really only a full sized bed, and the usual 2 nigh stand and blah blah blah. Anyways, bathroom, standard. The evening went well, went to dinner and back in by 11pm. People were still in the lounge, and talking loudly. Rude! Tucked away into bed by 2am bc bed was uncomfortable. 7am, loud talking, laughing, and noises, people were up, having breakfast and moving metal chairs around on tiles, creating disruptions, and causing us to have to wake up. Finally, 730 rolls around, still loud right outside my door, I call front desk to ask the people to please keep it down. The girl said she'd be up in 10 minutes to ask them. Never heard a prompt from her. 8am, still disruptions outside my door. I'm upset by now. So I go downstairs and talk to the girl myself. I returned to the room, kindly, we were offered a late check out at 1230pm so we can nap. We finally dozed off, around 10am, and of course, we were awoken by housekeeping. Not at our door, but in other rooms, talking and, vacuuming, and with the vacuum cleaner banging against the walls! Whatever, we rolled outta bed, showered and left this dump. I will never recommend this place, and am now looking to see if I can get my money back. Last nights sleepless night was and is worse than having a newborn baby at home, which was the main reason for this escape. Stay away from this place. ONE MORE THING, NO WIFI. THEY SAID COMCAST SAID IT WAS ISSUES FROM HOTELS END, AND HOTEL SAYS IT COMCAST! Again.... THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beahbay823
palmcourt2011, Public Relations Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Hello, thank you for your candor regarding your recent visit to the hotel. I am very sorry your experience was not a good one. Please call me, or email me, whatever your preference, as I would like to discuss things with you.

916-455-4000 x 612
matt@royalguesthotels.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Excellent spacious rooms with all amenities. Close to grocery store, good restaurants, park and convention center.

Better than any hotel down town Sacramento for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello, thank you for letting us know about your visit with us. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Sacramento.

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Came to Sacramento for a friend's birthday party at Mix Downtown. Inn off Capital Park was a perfect choice - within walking distance of the bar as well as other downtown restaurants and state office buildings. Small (but free) parking lot and the check-in desk make up the first floor of the hotel. Up the stairs (or elevator) you are in what appears to have once been an outside hotel that now has a roof over the center (making the center court an atrium). The room we had was small, but clean and comfortable. Did not have any problems with any types of bugs. Bathroom looked brand new. Air conditioner (a window unit) was a bit on the noisy side, but had no trouble sleeping through it. I did not have the complimentary continental breakfast, but it looked ok - some cereals, muffins, juice, etc. For the price (especially with a AAA rate) and the convenient location I would definitely stay again. Think Days Inn, not Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet morning, ask for something on the 3rd floor away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cruise_Ship_Tony
Hello, thank you for your remarks about the hotel. It is our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.