“Sweet ride, fresh air, beautiful day - all with great friends.”
Review of Fast Eddie Bike Tours - CLOSED

Fast Eddie Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride a classic touring bike through Historic Sacramento. Visit the most popular State Parks and Historic sites in the Capital City region. Tours include bike, helmet, lunch, and Eddie as your host at all times. For an "out of the city" experience, ride the river and beautiful Delta Country region. This authentic rural California experience includes stops at historic points of interest and wine tasting at local family wineries.Now offering guided extended mileage tours for experienced road cyclists!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sweet ride, fresh air, beautiful day - all with great friends.”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Some friends and I went on the Sugar Beet Spin Tour which was a lot of fun. We enjoyed the Bogle Winery and ended up becoming members there! Eddie was waiting for us with a delicious array of snacks after our wine tasting adventure. We continued our ride along the Sacramento Delta and ended up at the Sugar Beet Winery which was our starting point as well. We enjoyed a special tour of the old sugar beet section of the original facility by Eddie, lunch and of course, more wine tasting ;)

I'd highly recommend this tour. It is closer to 10 miles than 15. Eddie cut it down so that his customers could spend more time enjoying the Delta and additional wine tasting. He will be updating his website to reflect this change. Eddie was a wonderful tour guide, always pointing out sights of interest and keeping our safety the foremost in his mind.

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Debbie G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Truckee, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great way to celebrate our anniversary.”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I took Eddie's Historic Tour as part of our anniversary trip. The tour was a lot of fun and we learned a great deal about the area.

There were only the two of us scheduled for the tour that day and Eddie did a really good job of tailoring the trip to our interests. He met us at our downtown hotel with the bikes and he accommodated us with a wonderful vegetarian lunch.

The route that Eddie chose was flat and nearly free of traffic. I think we only saw a dozen or so cars the entire day. Twenty miles sounds like a lot but it flies by with ease on Eddie's bikes. The bikes are set up so that you never feel hunched over the handlebars.

I highly recommend Fast Eddie bike tours for anyone looking for an active, fun way to learn more about Sacramento. My wife and I are now looking into trying one of Eddie's other tours.

Visited September 2011
5 Thank Garrett M
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The most perfect excursion I have ever experienced!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I surprised my husband with a Fast Eddie's Bike Tour of the Delta for our anniversary. Eddie was great from the beginning, really easygoing, full of information and answered all of our questions immediately. He was very knowledgeable about the Delta, took us around some very beautiful back areas and through the vineyards. We stopped at Bogle Vineyards and he set out a 'snack' for us while we were wine tasting. The snack was amazing!! Fresh figs, strawberries, carrot cake cookies (with cream cheese filling), two granola type bars and Izze clementine orange drinks. So delicious! We then toured through some really beautiful sloughs through the Delta, grabbed some sandwiches at a great little place called Husick's Country Store and then ended at the Old Sugar Mill where we had a short tour with more historical information. Eddie was great the entire time--very personable, friendly, humorous and engaging. It was the best day! Both my husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Fast Eddie's Bike Tour! We are going to get gift certificates for some family and friends!

Visited August 2011
5 Thank nonahenson
New Plymouth, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fast Eddie Bike Tours - awesome!”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon bike tour with Eddie. Every detail was seen to from having our seats adjusted exactly to the great snack and drink we had. Eddie was very obliging with meeting us at our accommodation. A wonderful ambassador for Sacramento with all his passion and knowledge of the city and its history.
My fear of making a fool of myself after not having ridden a bicycle for at least 30 years disappeared with Eddie's expert supervision, and the ease of use of the bicycle provided. If I can do it, anyone can! I am just glad I had photos to prove to my children and grandchildren that I indeed rode a bicycle.
Sacramento has fantastic bike trails and we greatly advise it is a fantastic way to view and learn about the city.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Franco023
los angeles
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Beautiful day. Excellent lunch. A knowledgeable and friendly guide. If you enjoy riding and want to ride with someone who loves riding, you must do this.

4 Thank wosli3