“Our favorite park”
Review of McKinley Park

McKinley Park
Ranked #15 of 176 things to do in Sacramento
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We love hanging out here on a lazy weekend afternoon.

All reviews
"close to downtown"
"old trees"
"great place for family"

Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a great park that I visit daily to walk my dog. It has tennis courts, a swimming pool, a pond with geese and ducks, a trail for runners (1 big loop = 1 mile), restrooms, children's playground, a baseball diamond, horseshoe pits, a handball wall, a public library, a rose garden (great for wedding ceremonies), picnic tables, a path for walking (and you can include leashed dogs), a basketball court. Every Saturday, there's free a Yoga class. During the warmer months on Sundays you can enjoy the rhythms of a drumming circle.

Orangevale, CA
Reviewed 17 May 2004

I work at Mercy General and just recently started doing my morning walk in McKinley Park. After many a hectic night shift, I have found peace and refreshment at this lovely park. I have a particular affection for the pond; watching the geese and ducks is so relaxing after a strenuous work out. I'm from Brooklyn, NY, and this treasure of a park reminds me of many of the lovely parks I remember from New York. McKinley Park holds a special place in my heart.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 10 May 2004

If you visit the park to see the ducks and geese, please don't bring bread or cookies or popcorn. THese types of food are NOT healthy for the animals which naturally eat whole, uncooked grains, grasses and weeds, along with snails and slugs. If you must feed them, please bring things like romaine lettuce and cracked corn (uncooked).

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 January 2004

I first went to Mckinley park when I was younger. It was at a picnic, and I found it to be very enjoyable. The scenery was superb. The trees are lovely, especially for those who love to climb (like me). I could imagine a wedding taking place there. There is also a rose garden (in the right season) and a pond. The rose garden has a quaint, rustic look to it, but it's beauty overlaps any misconceptions. The pond is filled with swans and ducks (mostly ducks) who are very aggressive, once they figure out that you have food. Make sure you bring bread, or cookies, or something to feed these things when you're done climbing trees, viewing roses and what-not. It's a hoot!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member