US$ 173
US$ 140
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 160/night.

US$ 302
US$ 149
US$ 66
US$ 217
  • Restaurant
All reviewspunch bowlrevival barfront office teamopen showerwater splashesfabulous steakdaily happy hourdress to impressyoga matwine hourcentrally located in downtownihg memberan amazing hotelroom service for breakfastkings gamenew arenain room dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a frequent Kimpton guest, the bulk of my travel is for business and I am by myself. Occasionally, it works out that my wife and young son can join me. My recent visit to the Sawyer was my first and turned into a fun family weekend trip. The facilities are new and fresh, the hotel spotless, and the onsite restaurant was quite good. With all that, the standout was the service, particularly by Alonzo at the front desk. He took great strides to make our visit memorable by arranging reservations for us and ensuring a special treat was waiting for my wife and son upon arrival. His extremely thoughtful gestures made a big difference and really exemplifies why I am such a Kimpton fan. That said, even by Kimpton standards he hit it out of the park. When our trip concluded, we packed up and left with big smiles, only to realize when we got home we left some of our stuff in the room. A quick call to the hotel and Alonzo once again sprang into action. All the items were collected and shipped to us the next day. No question in my mind: if I am spending time in Sacramento, I will be staying at the Sawyer!

Room Tip: High floors on the corners are quieter and have nice city views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Guysell G, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi BiciFan,

Thank you for staying with us at The Kimpton Sawyer. This kind of feedback is what makes it awesome and exciting to work in the hospitality industry! I appreciate you taking the time to mention our awesome team, they are exceptional and we are fortunate to have such a caring a dedicated staff. Our efforts to exceed our guest expectations are well worth it when we receive reviews from guest such as yourself.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

SIMPLY FABULOUS. From the moment I entered, I was made to feel so welcomed, important and special. The ease of checking in and making sure my kids were set when they arrived - hassle free. Provided names and all they had to do was give them their names and a key card was given. Their room wasn't ready, but that wasn't a problem. It gave us all a chance to sit out by the pool and enjoy the scenery, the ambiance, the company. Perhaps, the hotel could

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Guysell G, Interim General Manager at Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi AniMae,

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Thank you so much for for choosing Kimpton Sawyer Hotel. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and appreciate you sharing your experience with us .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you; excellent service and a great place to stay. Wish the pool bar / restaurant were open more than just a few days per week. Also; a bottle of water should be complimentary in each IHG member room

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi Cmelissare,

Thank you for staying with us and rating our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, rest assured we will certainly discuss further with our team. I am so happy to hear you had a great stay and we were able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Auto update to suite fir all my three rooms I highly suggest the end rooms abound floor 5 great views of city great night time breeze very very good steaks

Try the big boy steaks and the Brussels sprouts

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi Brian,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

we loved the hotel as far as the location was perfect (literally AT the arena, could not be closer unless you sleep on the basketball court) and the staff were all awesome and friendly. Adrian (sp?) checked us in about midnight and was the most helpful and nicest (not fake nice, real nice lol). we loved that the hotel has free ins and outs if you valet. the valet was only $32 which is much less than Portland, Chicago or sf, so I don't know what sac usually charges, but it was cool w us. there was a huge stain on the carpet, but that didn't bother us. we also liked that the elevators (even in the mornings) required a key card before they moved lol.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Guysell G, Interim General Manager at Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi Amber,

Thank you for the five star review, I am elated to hear you had a wonderful stay at The Kimpton Sawyer Hotel!
I apologize regarding the stain in the carpet I have ensured it was cleaned. Yes Adrian is awesome we are so happy to have him as part of our team!

We look forward to welcoming you back again!