US$ 300
US$ 170
  • Breakfast included
US$ 147
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 169/night.

US$ 67
US$ 134
US$ 130
US$ 161
US$ 149
Doubletree.com
US$ 206
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmel's dinerparking lotfree laundry roombagelstwo burner stovequeen bedfull size refrigeratorseparate bedroomexecutive suitesac statedvd playercontinental breakfastinstant oatmealquiet neighborhoodcomfortable roomsbit datedhome away from home
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I'm not sure why but getting a decent hotel in Sacramento can be a challenge. I love Sacramento but a lot of the areas are, well, less than inviting. So, you end up with some urban motels and hotels and the corporate hotels that are near the airport.

Larkspur Landing is a small corporate hotel and it feels like it. The desk staff is excellent and the hotel's amenities are first rate. For us, the location is perfect. It's close to EastSac and downtown's just a few minutes away but you're not stuck in the middle of it along with its traffic, noise and occasional blight.

We've stayed there three times now and each stay was pleasant one. Best of all, the rooms are quiet. By the way, the best rooms are on the back of the hotel and face away from Howe Avenue.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the back of the hotel and face away from Howe Avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt W, Front Office Supervisor at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel. Our Teams work hard to provide the best service. We are very happy the surrounding establishments and hotel location are within proximity to many other establishments. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see everyone again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My room was clean, comfortable, updated. It felt like home away from home. I like how the hallways feel more like an apartment building than a hotel. Lots of shopping within walking distance. Not right on main road so very quiet at night. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Sacramento from now on. I could almost live here!!!

Room Tip: Room 309...lovely view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel. Our Teams work hard to provide the best service. We are very happy the surrounding establishments are within proximity of the hotel. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see everyone again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I recently attended an event in Sacramento and needed a hotel for 2 nights, so I chose this hotel based on its location and reviews. I did not want a hotel next to a freeway (road noise). The Larkspur Landing is located in a suburban area close to a variety of cafes, diners, grocery stores, and restaurants, but it is EXCEPTIONALLY quiet. My room looked out on a street where a mere handful of cars went by during the day. My room on the second floor also seemed to be well insulated from the adjacent rooms and I heard little noise from other hotel occupants.

Based on reading other TA reviews before booking my room, I had lowered my expectations for the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the property, however, and feel it does not warrant some of the poor TA reviews. True, when you first enter the hotel, it appears a little dated and somewhat dark. Yet the longer I studied the Craftsman decor and the subdued lighting, the more I came to appreciate it. The setting and furniture are designed in the Craftsman-style, and it's a refreshing look for a small chain hotel---there were no cheap plastic or faux-leather chairs/couches. The lobby ambiance feels dim yet there was plenty of light to see by and the "coolness" was especially appealing after I returned from a hot day spent in congested traffic--it was so relaxing to step into the lobby!

The hallways look a little dated as well, but on close examination, everything was really clean! I even saw one maintenance worked going around wiping off smudges on some doors, etc. Absolutely nothing was worn-out. I think it's just the decor style feels a bit dated and not one you find in many hotels, so you think everything must be old and worn out, but it's brand new!

My room had a slightly more modern feel to it. The space was divided into quadrants, with one quarter given to the kitchen area, one quarter to the work area with a LARGE desk, one quarter to the sleeping area, and one quarter to the large bathroom. The kitchen had a full refrigerator, 2-burner stove, dishwasher, sink, and cupboards filled with all the necessary things. The bathroom felt spacious and everything was very clear and well maintained. As for the bed, the bedding was wonderful and the bed itself was comfortable. Frankly, it was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've experienced, and I stay in a lot of 4* and 5* hotel properties in Europe.

The staff were always welcoming and friendly. There was a business center which looked well equipped, but I didn't use it as I had my own gear (the hotel provides free wifi.) They even had a BBQ grill outside where guests could bbq their dinner. I watched several guests do so each evening and they really seemed to enjoy themselves! What an amazing feature!

My only complaint was with the "grab-and-go" breakfast. Absolutely everything came prepackaged in its own plastic wrap (even the individual slices of bread!) Nothing looked very appealing, but they had juice (apple, orange, and cranberry), yogurt (with and without sugar), fresh fruit, and a variety of tea/coffee, so I was able to fix a continental breakfast to suit myself. If you wanted something more substantial, Mel's Diner was just across the parking lot.

The property has no swimming pool and the small spa was broken, but I didn't need either feature. I selected a room on the second floor and was glad I did as guests with pets could bring them into their rooms if they stayed on the first floor. I didn't want to be in a pet-approved room (didn't want the possible odor/noise from adjacent rooms), and I think I chose wisely.

I spent about a day looking at the property, not really understanding its market niche. But if you want a quiet suburban hotel, located near a few storers/cafes (not fast food!!) for a stay of a few days, then this hotel is perfect! Most guests seemed to be larger family groups, a few international tourists, and a small track/field team (they were very quiet!) It's not your usual chain hotel, and that's one reason I really enjoyed the property!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel. Our Teams work hard to provide the best service and ensure the hotel is perfect. Thank you again for the wonderful review regarding your stay and we hope to see everyone again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a bit dark, with a fairly cramped lobby. Rooms are a bit dated, tired. Breakfast is on the rudimentary side, with vending machine pastries. Reasonably quiet, and the rooms have essentially full kitchens, which could be nice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review regarding your stay with us. We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for providing us valuable feedback regarding the hotel. We will continue to follow up and work hard with our Teams to ensure the hotel is perfect. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see everyone again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I loved all the room and having a kitchen. There was an amazing grocery store right next store and a Starbucks. The location was great.

The bathroom was kind of gross. The shower curtain was clean, but there was a bad mildew smell I suspect was coming from behind the tub enclosure that looked dirty at one of the gaps. From the bathtub I could see dirty hand prints on the vanity cabinets and black filth around the inside rim of the toilet. Good shower and lots of storage space though.

Mixed feelings, but I would probably stay again compared to the other hotels I've tried in this area in the past. We want to be close to my stepdaughter's house, and so far, none of the nearby hotels has impressed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review regarding your stay with us. We hope everyone enjoyed their time with us. We are very happy everyone enjoyed the lightly stocked kitchenette, especially when the grocery store is within proximity of the hotel. Thank you for providing us valuable feedback regarding the hotel. We will continue to work hard and follow up with our Housekeeping Team to ensure everything is perfect. Thank you again and we hope to see everyone again soon.