“Good place to stay, near Sacramento airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
Ranked #70 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Penn Valley, California
“Good place to stay, near Sacramento airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

Close to the airport. Easy to get to and easy access to airport. Good safe parking.
Very clean. Comfortable bed, had a refrigerator, micro, coffee pot, and even Showtime on the TV. Good neighborhood. I felt very safe. I was pleasantly surprised because usually a reasonably priced hotel leads lots to be desired. WIFI available for a fee.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

I booked a non-smoking, single bed room A MONTH before I went. When I got in the room 2 nights ago, there was practically a smoke haze floating in the room. I called the desk and told the girl that I'd ordered a non-smoking room. The desk clerk tried to tell me it was a non-smoking room. I told her that it smelled really bad. She said that she was sure that the maids had not been smoking in it. I said, I'm not upset with you, and I'm not accusing the staff of smoking in here, but I don't smoke and the room stinks and there are ash trays on the dresser and the kitchen counter. It's fairly evident that this is a smoking room. She told me that they were booked solid and nothing else was available. (Grrr!) I said I'd booked a non-smoking room. She said she'd was looking through the record and saw that I WAS in a smoking room, but that they had UPGRADED me to a BIGGER room because they didn't have a non-smoking room available. (Remember, I booked a MONTH ago!) I told her, I'm only sleeping here for a couple hours. I don't take up very much room while I'm sleeping. She said she'd see if there was anyone who could switch and she'd call me back. She called back a few minutes later, and said she'd done an audit and there was another NON-smoking room available, "Don't sit on the bed or anything", and I'll let you know which number it is in a few minutes. She called me back to come down to the office to pick up another key. When I got to the new room, it indeed had a non-smoking, 'circle-with-a-cigarette-in-it-crossed-out' sign on the door. I guess the time that I spent 'not sitting on the bed' and waiting for them to tell me the room number, they had gone to check out the room and turned the air conditioner on full blast to air it out (though it had been a very cold windy day ), hoping that I might not notice that this room smelled like smoke, too. ~ Not as bad, but still...you could tell SOMEone had 'broken the rules'. I turned off the air, the room got stuffier. It was late, I was tired. I put my suitcase on the kitchen counter...next to the ashtray, and got ready for bed.

Now, I had read a few of the reviews, and one of them had mentioned the most intolerably uncomfortable beds in existence, but I just figured they'd had one grumpy visitor.... I found out he had been absolutely honest. That bed felt like a plywood box with a mattress protector thrown over it! And I couldn't figure out how something so solid feeling could squeak SO much, but every single time I turned over, moved my knee, or adjusted my elbow, that dang bed sent out a series of squeaks. At some point, I think I was just so exhausted that I passed out, but I must have gone into REM, cus the bed woke me up with the squeaking again!

Needless to say - not a restful night, or a refreshed morning.

The ONLY good news I have to say about my stay at the Homestead Inn is that it turned out that it was RIGHT next door to the building that the class was being held in. When I got to my class, I introduced myself to the nice woman sitting next to me and asked her to give me a nudge if I dozed off.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MKTraveler2
West Hollywood, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2008

I go this hotel via Priceline for $38.00 plus tax. I needed a bed for one night on a Saturday night. I am not a fan of Extended Stay brand hotels but this hotel was nicer than most. True to Extended Stay fashion they nickle and dime you to death.

I paid $10.00 to upgrade to a Kind deluxe room in Bldg One. This is the bldg farthest from the 5 freeway so the quiet was worth the price. One pays $5.00 to access the internet as well. For the extra money I should have bid for a higher star quality, then the two star quality I bid on.

The hotel is located in a business park and was pretty empty the Saturday night of my stay. This was based on the number of cars I saw in the parking lot. Of course, the rooms on either side of me were occupied and one could hear noise coming from them.

I walked into my room and there was an old, dirty couch, a king bed with a relatively comfortable mattress, a small tv, and a kitchen area. The bathroom was large with four thin towels and one bar of soap. The kitchen had a microwave, coffee maker, and dishes. There was a small refrigerator as well.

Although there was a thermostat in the room I could never get my room warmer than 71 degrees. It gets cold in Sacramento and I had to add an extra blanket to my bed at night. I don't like that I could not control the temperature to my liking.

This property is very basic and clean. Next time, I would bid for a higher star quality and spend some extra money. I did not like my stay and don't plan to ever stay at this Homestead again.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank hjmover
Chehalis, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2006

+Hotel is in a business/industrial area, but there are some restaurants -like Carls Jr. within walking distance. Also a convenience store (shell station w/expanded supplies). Not too hard to find off the freeway. (I-5)

+ We rented a car and had no problems - rental car is recommended since the hotel is so far out. On foot you may be very limited if you choose this hotel.

++Great Staff. Friendly. Welcoming. Helpfull. Smooth Check-in. Smooth Check-out.

++Room was good sized. Queen size standard hotel bed. Limited kitchen was a plus, and would be great for those who are staying more than a night or two. Bathroom was standard.

+Plenty of parking in a lighted lot. We did not use any of the facilities amenities other than the room itself.

• Liked — Some of the friendliest staff we have encountered.
  • Disliked — Everything was on par for this type of hotel.
  • Tips/Secrets — psst..rental car.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Kair S
NoCal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2006

a four night stay for about $47 per night (fees and taxes included). This place is in a business park area, about three exits from downtown. Convienent location to Reno 80 and I-5, both freeway less than half a mile away. A supermarket about a mile away near Truxel and West ElCamino and a Longs drug store across from there. There's a pizza place and chinese restuarant at the corner near the motel. There are three buildings to this place and #3 looked to be the closest to the freeway, I was in building 2. The room wasn't the best and it's not a four star hotel, so budget wise, it's fine, housekeeping didn't clean the place up very well, but that's how these places seem to be. I wiped the counter down and washed the plates and bowls before I used them. The full size fridge came in handy, but the mircowave seemed weak. My room was next to the stairs and I heard people come and go, but the building wasn't full. Overall, I'd stay here again. Oh, there is a sign outside by the lobby door stating lobby hours are 6:30am to 11pm. Other reviewers seem to be upset when checking in later, but there is a phone next to the lobby door and I believe there is a person staffed 24 hours, just the lobby shuts down unless called. I believe there is a shuttle van service, but sometimes they are busy with business accounts.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — lack of housekeeping details
  • Tips/Secrets — bid Priceline