All reviews honeymoon suite nearby garage marble bathroom old victorian continental breakfast big hotel free wifi only stayed one night two blocks bagels restaurants within walking distance large room hard boiled eggs location is great wedding downtown jacuzzi
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The building is charming and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Given it's location in downtown Sac, the hotel was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast is lovely with many choices and served in a nice sunroom. There are comfortable chairs on the front porch to sit and enjoy. My dad had the ADA room which worked out very well. One issue I would point out is that the front desk people are not very friendly or helpful--a little bit better customer service would be nice! Also note, all parking is on the street.

Room tip: Downstair king room is very nice, upstairs are smaller rooms
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I was quite efficient for my walk to the conference center two blocks away. The desk staff were friendly and aided me in checking in early at check in. The room was clean, but my window didn't close completely. being on the second floor, I wasn't worried about anyone climbing in it.

The breakfast was enough to get you through a few meetings before lunch and the hotel was clean.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as we were passing through town on a road trip. This is a nice quality hotel in a convenient location. I highly recommend this hotel. It is especially an ideal spot for couples, as it has a romantic, Victorian feel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mardirousi
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The staff was very helpful to us during the stay. We forgot the wine opener and they let us borrow it. The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was huge. I wish I waited to find parking as I read the reviews. The hotel actually gives a discounted rate for the first night at a parking garage. Our room had updated appliances/electronics (refrigerator, television, and alarm clock). Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. Breakfast was included (hard boiled eggs, bagels, egg muffins, fresh fruit, and oatmeal). I loved taking the stairs. The hotel has character and updated to keep the charm of the crown modeling.

Room tip: good location
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Full disclosure: my husband and I LOVE historic hotels which because of their age have quirks. This hotel has been painstakingly restored. We had room 103. Spacious room and bathroom. Only downside was no counter space in bathroom but lots of places to put items in the room including a small fridge. Decor is outstanding and staff have been friendly, accommodating and full of suggestions as to dining, sightseeing and events. The place has only 16 rooms so it is a small operation ( not a mega hotel with lots of staff or amenities). Toured three other rooms on second floor and they were just as nice as ours. Free WiFi. A/C. No parking as per other reviews.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple