Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Get a Jump Over Here

The Napa Valley has 600+ wineries or so we have been told. We had tried a Frog’s Leap Merlot about... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ChaseyK
Concord, Ohio
via mobile
Visit to Wine Country

Frog's Leap Winery was a fantastic stop during our visit to wine country. The people there were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Steven G
Edison, New Jersey

All reviews back porch red barn wine tasting laid back crackers organic farming wine country fruit cheese plate great wine napa valley beautiful grounds our tour guide seated tasting great tour different wines tasting experience
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Frog's Leap via recommendation of friends who visit this popular wine region often. Frog's Leap is a self sustained vineyard who produce all their wines using traditional and organic methods and even grow fruit and vegetables for their staff who they employ on a year round basis (rather than seasonal) so there is a real vested interest in the success of the harvest as they all work as one big family. The founder John is an ex farmer and has adapted successful farming techniques to produce outstanding wines which you can learn more about during one of their tours. Josh took us around the grounds and cellar and was fantastic at explaining the wine making process, history behind the vineyard and also the industry commercials and how that distribut. Great experience and the wines we tasted throughout were outstanding!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Frog's Leap emphasizes natural, non-irrigated farming to coax the best flavor from the grapes. The extensive gardens attract beneficial insects. Seeing the owner working alongside everyone else is commendable. The wines are reasonably priced and a good value.

1  Thank Jan W
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I came here once about five years ago and I think I was a little nostalgic. Returned and did the garden wine tasting which was quite nice. It was very relaxed and we were allowed to try multiple ones that were not on the list which was great. Walking around the grounds and garden is gorgeous, I would highly recommend this winery to anyone. It is lovely. The wines were not quite as good as I remembered, and while the prices are slightly more accessible than some of the other wineries in the area, I would say that I did not like them as much. I did buy a bottle of their "pink" wine which I did very much enjoy and is not available commercially.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We took a couples trip for my friend's 30th birthday to the Napa area. Frog's Leap was one of our stops. They do have different tours you may choose from. Unfortunately, we missed the guided tour. We were able to do the garden tour; which allowed us to walk the grounds freely as we tasted our wines. I believe they allowed you to taste 4 different wines. Most of the wineries did not provide many guided tours. Frog's Leap, has beautiful grounds and vineyards. They were actually crushing grapes Labor Day weekend. A heatwave came through. So the grapes were ready a lot sooner. I would recommend this winery as a stop during your stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We really enjoyed taking the guided tour of this winery...it was so interesting and laid back. As we walked around the grounds, the guide would have us sample a different wine at each stop. The owner of the winery was picking the MOG out of the grapes on a conveyor as we walked by. Wonderful, down to earth business.
I'd reserved the tour ahead of time on their website. There were only 5 of us in the group, so it made for an intimate and cozy gathering.

Date of experience: August 2017