“St. Superb Winery”
Review of St. Supery Winery

St. Supery Winery
Ranked #11 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Supéry Estate Vineyards & Winery is a 100% Estate Grown, Napa Valley sustainably farmed winery. We are located in the renowned Rutherford growing region in the heart of Napa Valley. Our vineyards and winery are certified Napa Green. We are proud to be recognized for our exceptional Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and estate red and white blends. All of our wines are estate grown, produced and bottled. We welcome visitors daily from 10am to 5pm, and we offer unique, interactive wine experiences by appointment. You might even meet our wine dogs, Gigi and Gus!
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Fourth time for a tasting experience at this winery. All have been lovely. Outdoor was great. Dog friendly outside area.

All reviews
"first stop"
in 4 reviews
"sit outside"

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My partner and I found ourselves in Napa on Labor Day Weekend without reservations. I now know that you need reservations for wine tasting every weekend, but certainly for Labor Day Weekend. :-) We called St. Supery for an appointment around 1:00 and they asked us to come back at 3:00. We arrived to a nicely air-conditioned space with a wine educator (Justin) who had plenty of time and knowledge to share with us. All 7 of the wines we tasted were impeccable, and I decided to cancel another wine club membership I belonged to in order to afford the St. Supery Winery wine club. That's huge...the wine here was so good, that I cancelled another wine club membership. The benefits of being a wine club member are especially good here. Go now!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This was my friend's and my first stop and I'm so glad it was. It was his first time to Napa and Jesus made it so memorable. Perfect wine, perfect time.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We came to Napa to celebrate my husband's 37th birthday and as a Winery Tours newbie, I booked us 4 places in one day, back to back. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson (tip: don't drink all the wine, use the spit cup!!!). St. Supery was the 2nd stop on our itinerary and I booked this place for several reasons: they're certified Napa Green for both Land & Winery, they're the only winery I found that offered an Ampelography class (and I looked at quite a few!) and they had some wines rated quite high by Robert Parker (I looked up what each place had for number of wines that rated either over 90 or 95). Also, their pictures looked quite lovely!

I have to say that I fell in love immediately with St. Supery as it makes an impression: a ton of greenery along the path, there's a quaint little old house in the front, there's another one that has a veranda where you can sit and have lunch. The trees give a bit of shade and it creates this almost covered type of hallway as you walk to the main entrance. To the left before you reach the entrance, there's a tall wall covered in leaves and it looks like a large leaf-curtain; just beautiful, my favourite part! To the right of the entrance is a partially walled off patio where you'd be able to sit and enjoy. When you walk in, it's a beautiful blend of modern design, complimentary to the exterior napa valley feel. The hostess had a smile and greeted us right away, with our guide, Paul standing next to her. He reminds me of Santa Claus but with shorter hair :) He's very knowledgeable, warm, friendly and is passionate about what he does.

the Ampelography Master Class is great for anyone that enjoys wine, whether you're a newbie such as myself or experienced like my husband. They have one of the top Viticulturist's in the world that created this experience and she was trained in the french ways of wine knowledge so take advantage of this class! We got to learn about the different leaves of the grapes, shapes and what it meant. Fun, engaging and educational. It really helped me as I was able to put a 'leaf' to a wine and sink in more for me in terms of remembering. Tip: do this class first thing in the morning as we did it at noon and it was really hot outside!

Once we were done with the outside portion of the class, Paul brought us back inside and took us upstairs to a semi-private area where we were able to put what we learned to test, in more fun ways.

As we were leaving, I noticed that they had put our names up on the board and that was lovely as it was a nice gesture, made us feel special!

The experience was 90 minutes and I'd recommend giving yourself at least 2 hrs so that you can walk around and check out the area.

I highly recommend you check out this experience as it's a nice change from your traditional tour and you get to leave learning the more technical-nature science of growing wine. Thank you to Paul and the team at St. Supery, we had a wonderful time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My husband and I visited this winery because they have a larger selection of white wines, but ended up enjoying everything we tasted. The tasting is in the main room and is standing only, but our guide, Paul, made it a very enjoyable experience. He explained each wine thoroughly and was very personable. He also grew up in Chicago, so we had good conversation talking about our home state. While there, Paul suggested a restaurant to grab a bite to eat and it was delicious as well. The tasting wasn't too crowded either, which was nice. We would absolutely return to St. Supery for another tasting while in Napa.