All reviews overlooking the valley napa valley halibut michelin star main restaurant four seasons wine country glass of wine romantic getaway san francisco beautiful property mercedes suite spa concierge luxury anniversary
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here before but came back for lunch while visiting Napa .
It is clearly a special place with a view second to none with a world class view and food !
The three course lunch special was excellent !
The staff could be at any world class restaurant !

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Carl,

Thank you for joining us at the Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil for lunch and for your kind words regarding the food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Napa Valley.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is a beautiful hotel in an amazing setting. The grounds and pool are exquisite. The views from the restaurant deck are outstanding. We were traveling with 3 other couples so i could visit other rooms, and our room was extremely large with a terrace that had a gorgeous view, however it was old and tired with dated decorating while their rooms in a different building were totally renovated with new windows, wall coverings, furniture, carpeting and accessories. I feel strongly that our room was the wrong price for what we got and it was $500 more than the 'new"rooms I saw in the other building. The square footage and view did not make up for the dated and unappealing room. The restaurant which is renowned, had the worse service our group of 8 has ever experienced. It was an extremely expensive evening with lots of wine and many food courses, and the pacing was really off -long long lapses between courses and the lack of coordination of courses between the 8 of us was noticeably bad.The service by all who attended to us was extremely poor. All 8 of us agreed it was a shocking and unbelievable to have had that experience at top dollar, in a restaurant with a reputation of being superb.
Service at the hotel overall is lacking in coordination. The housekeeping service and valet are possibly understaffed.
So overall the restaurant and hotel (the un-renovated rooms) have lost some stars in my book! They both are no longer an A level- top experience for the price. The only shining star I found was the concierge, Sharon , who was on her game. She was knowledgable and working hard to try to meet everyone's needs.

Room tip: ask for a renovated room -ask about views. St Tropez building has a room with an outdoor shower and tub that is beautiful.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbj2014

Dear barbj2014,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay at Auberge du Soleil. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the grounds, the pool and our hillside setting and I have shared your compliments with Sharon, who is wonderful. I am, however, sorry to learn that your accommodations fell short of expectations and that service was unacceptable at the Restaurant. I assure you that it is not the norm as we strive to provide Five Star service and will work with our Restaurant team so that may continue to improve. I hope you will return in the future so that we may change your mind. Should you wish to discuss your experience with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me at bradley.reynolds@aubergeresorts.com.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I was there for 4 nights with some colleagues. The negatives first. They are undergoing renovations, so I will give them a pass on some things. For example, I had a suite - great to have all that space (which, as a single person, I never used), but the decor was incredibly dated and the carpet showed wear and tear. And there was a "smell" in the bathroom that no amount of sanitizer was going to get rid of. The fitness center was full of mosquitoes and I asked them to spray the room - took a couple of tries before they did anything about it. Fitness center was small - no better than a hundred other chain hotels. We had a formal dinner one night. I'd say the food was at best average. I expected a fabulous meal and was disappointed - I've had far better meals at far less expensive places. Now for the positives - awesome location. The balcony of my suite overlooked the valley and I had fantastic views. The service for most part was great. The spa setting and service was awesome. They allow you to use the pools at the spa whether or not you're having a spa service - a very nice touch. When I checked in, they greeted me with a glass of Auberge labeled wine - again a very nice touch. Overall, I though the whole thing was expensive for what was offered. I expected better - on almost all fronts there was something just a tad bit lacking. Hence the 4 stars instead of 5.

Room tip: Choose a room overlooking the valley, and preferably a little higher up the hill so you get the best views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear HCPEPA,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay at Auberge du Soleil. I am sorry to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We are currently undergoing a full property transformation and I apologize that your stay coincided with our renovations. I have shared your feedback with my team and want to thank you for your kind words regarding service and hospitality.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Our stay at Auberge was a perfect experience. The wonderful staff and the excellent facilities remain at the top level year after year. I recommend the on-site art walk as an exercise and spectacular visual experience.

Room tip: Explore the room, If there is something you need or want, it is always there in a drawer, a closet, on a shelf, in the frig, in the bathroom, or somewhere else. Trust me - if you want something, it is there. If it isn't - and I know it's there - ask for it and they will make it appear.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear malcolms350,

I am so happy to hear that you had a "perfect experience" at Auberge du Soleil and, in particular, that you enjoyed our Sculpture Garden. I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I try to make it a habit to at least stop by here for a glass of wine on the terrace if I am in the Napa area. You want to go early afternoon or shortly before the sun has set to avoid too much sun in your face. However, the wine, and the delicious olives they serve with your drink, are excellent and the beautiful view of the Napa Valley is what keeps bringing me back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bradley R, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Corie,

Thank you for joining us on the terrace at Auberge du Soleil for a glass of wine, some olives and the breathtaking view. We look forward to seeing you again soon.