“Decent place, decent price”

Best Western Roseville Inn
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Merriam, Kansas
“Decent place, decent price”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We were on our way home, but Interstate 80 was closed due to the weather. Not wanting to risk our truck and trailer in bad weather, we booked a room with Expedia about 2 hours before arrival. I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on TA, but we needed a place to stay.

I must say we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was great, even though Expedia wasn't. It took some time to confirm everything, but not because of the hotel. The rooms were dated, but clean and comfortable. I have a bad back and the running joke with my friends is to see how twisted up I am after a night on a hotel bed. I was very happy to walk upright to breakfast the next morning! Only negative I could see was when I walked to the ice machine (it faced the freeway) was the noise. Seemed if you were a light sleeper, being on that side of the hotel might be a problem.

If I need to stay in Roseville again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TC6012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

First of all, the staff members were always friendly and always greeted us with a smile. When my husband and I arrived we were sent to a room that was not yet cleaned, so we were given a key to another room. The second room had been cleaned, but I'm not sure when. The carpet looked soiled and so did the bedspread. Thank goodness the sheets, matress and blanket looked clean. I did request that all the bedding be cleaned and changed out. The second bedspread looked soiled as well, but I took it off the bed. I'm not sure that the housekeeper even washed the bedspread. I even bought pillows at a local mall since I didn't trust the ones available at the hotel. Thank goodness there were no funky smells in the room or we would have left. The bathroom was clean and the tub drained instantly - the plumbing worked just fine. Another thing about staying here is avoid the rooms closest to, or facing the freeway. If we had been more familiar with the area we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Looey
Newport Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Maria was great! She gave me a great rate and accomodated me in a professional manner. The room was very clean and quiet. It was a last minute trip for me and I checked in late in the evening. So, having a pleasant experience and a great room in addition to the kind staff made the experience a great one. I would definitely return to this location again should my travels take me there in the future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The BestWestern far exceeded our expectations for the rating and price. We had used Priceline negotiator to find a 2 1/2 rating hotel at below the average price for hotels in this area. Our first surprise was that BestWestern agreed to the price. The second surprise was the large spacous room and more than ample variety complellmentary breakfast. Juice and coffee 24/7. Tiffany at the front desk was always eager to assist on any question.
The room was cleaned daily and was equipped with bar, refrig, desk, microwave, eating table , closet and largeTV/ clothing cabinet. Each day maid service changed our linens and cleaned the room.
We stayed 5 nights. It was located close enogh to all the shopping malls but was not in the center of all the traffic.
I think the only negative would be that on the weekend, there was not enough room in the breakfast area. However, we enjoyed eating in the comfort of our own room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My resent stay at this hotel was a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. I would like to express my gratitude for one particular employee with out her kindness and joyful way I wouldn't have stay hear. Tiffany was the most professional and enduring employee I have encountered at any hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. Tiffany you were great I will be staying here again because of you. Thank you very much.
Berry