“Very good”

Ranked #27 of 479 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We stopped here for dinner and were very happily surprised but he quality of the sushi and the service. I would eat here again. It has outside seating, which was nice, but a breeze came up and the seating is in a walkway between 2 building so we experienced a "wind-tunnel" effect (not a complaint - they can't control the weather! - just a heads up!).

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Very popular sushi restaurant and great for lunch or dinner. I usually have the traditional nigiri samplers but they have many western style rolls. Good service and fresh Nigiri keep me coming back when I am in the area.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Been there at least 6 times, at the Fountains in Roseville. Always had good food. Love the lunchtime Bento boxes. The curry beef is very tasty and satisfying. Good service. Polite staff. All the family has enjoyed spinning the birthday wheel. (Won a 5 lb. bag of great rice). Will go back. Had to wait 45 minutes once - because other people like the place too. Some family members are sushi eaters, and have given the sushi excellent marks.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Dad loved sushi, so my brother & I went to Kaizen after visiting his grave @ Dixon National Cemetery on his birthday.
A regular stop for us, but this time I talked my brother into sitting @ the sushi bar & letting the sushi chefs decide what was best.
Edgar really hooked us up, all sashimi, the visual presentation was spectacular, the sashimi tasted even better, an 11 out of 10.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

So I had high expectations of this restaurant because we love the other Roseville location, but it was just so-so. We went there for lunch on a weekend @ 2:30 & were seated right away-plus. We were given large notebook sized menus which took up half the table - minus. I wanted a bento box & couldn't find it on the menu, had to ask the server -minus. She reached for a tiny 5 x 6" flat printed card on the table under one of the menus and handed it to me without a word -minus. There was only one & it seemed as if they did not want anyone to order off of the cheaper lunch menu - minus. The drinks came out quickly - plus. We ordered appetizers of miso soup - nice but could use more flavor; chicken lettuce wraps (new) - fair but dry; and fried gyoza - always great. We ordered kimchi udon - just okay & very one note; tonkatsu (breaded pork loin cutlets) - very bland & boring; and a bento with ginger pork - very good & mixed tempura - always good. The BIG problem was that two meals came out, but the third didn't, and the server was nowhere to be found. 10-15 minutes later, the third meal came out with NO apology whatsoever. We won't be back.