“the best food around!”

Ranked #9 of 130 Restaurants in Rohnert Park
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Food from the foothills of Himalayas. Toned down version of rich spicy north Indian food plus authentic Nepali dishes. Our popular items: Momos, Chicken Tikka Masala, Garlic Basil Naan etc..
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have been going to Shangri-La since I started at SSU in 2012 and I have enjoyed every single dish I have ordered. My favorite is the pumpkin tikka masala and garlic/basil naan :) Unfortunately I moved away for grad school recently but still crave the food! I visited the area last week and went to Shangri-La for three meals over five days. Seriously wonderful food and people! Menna is the kindest human.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Since the day this restaurant opened my family and I have come here whenever we had the chance, we lived a few blocks away and it was a nice walk. The staff is always friendly and always ask how we were doing. Alas, we moved to the other side of town and we go to Shangrila when we are meeting old friends. Still the food is outstanding!!! The chicken tikka masala is always delicious, can never go wrong with that plate!!! My wife is the kind of person who likes the curry mild, she likes the flavor, but I love the curry nice and spicy!!!! Great place, kids at Sonoma state go there since it is real close
So during the school year it gets busy. If there is a lot of people, then you know that the restaurant is good!! Words to live by!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Great restaurant...very popular. Our daughter goes to college at Sonoma State, so we get more than an occasional chance top dine here. She says it is very popular with all the students.

Simple place in a little strip mall...very close to the campus...very near a Starbucks, it you are hitting the road after dinner like we usually are.

Food is good, reasonably priced and the wait staff is excellent.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I went for lunch after dropping my daughter at Sonoma State University. I am hesitant to order indian dishes as most restaurants i have been to, don't prepare curry dishes well. But this restaurant out did my expectation! The chicken tika masala was best i ever tried. It came with naan and a bowl of rice. I also tried their desert - kheer = marvellous. I will go in again next time. Recommend this restaurant to all curry lovers.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Very friendly staff, lots of tasty interesting dishes to choose from. The only problem: portions a bit on the skimpy side.