All reviews front desk nice hotel bonus points power outlets minor inconvenience the hotel is conveniently located sink area breakfast sandwich comfortable rooms very comfortable stay university ave work space king room would recommend this hotel to anyone the room was nice housekeeping staff check in was easy
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel is reasonably okay. The staff are friendly. The location is so so. Not in downtown and not close enough to UCR. You will basically need a car to go anywhere. Don't have a car? Public transportation is right outside of the front door.

The rooms are fine and just what you'd expect fro a Courtyard.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Adam S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

HI PamperedBackpacker,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

As you stated, we are not downtown, but we are the closest hotel to UCR, just about a mile away from the university, and within walking distance to many great places to eat and to shop.

Again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to taking care of you when your travels bring you back to Riverside!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

It pains me to not give this hotel better than a 3 rating. The hotel was beautifully remodeled. The rooms are very attractive and there is a really nice pool area. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. The problem I have with the hotel is noise. I'm not sure if it was just my room or the area of the hotel, but I could hear cars in the parking lot, music from downstairs, people in the hallway and the kids in the room next door and what they were actually saying. All of this while I was trying to go to sleep. I looked at the fit of the doors and they were poor. Lot's of light coming in from the main door as well as the adjoining door to the next room. This is not a difficult fix and can be dramatically improved with weather stripping and mechanical door seals that drop when the door is closed. The windows are older and are single pane which would explain why they transfer so much ambient noise. I travel for business, so I need some level of quiet and I did not get it here.

Room Tip: I think the top floors might be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Everything about the hotel was really nice. There was only one thing that I had issues with, and that was the noise reduction between the rooms and the hallway! We had a couple of nights where there were some inconsiderate "neighbors" that were super noisy...got into some minor verbal altercations, got drunk and made noise, seemed to be in/out of their rooms, and one younger girl who sat out in the hallway to have an entire conversation on her cell phone... and the walls are paper thin!! It was like they were in the room "with us" most times. While I do not hold the hotel at fault because it's not much you can do with people running in and out of their rooms and being loud, I do believe that the walls that separate the rooms from the hallways should be a lot thicker and have some sort of noise reduction. The beds were comfy and the water pressure in the bathroom was really good!! I like the fact that there was not only a refrigerator but also a microwave exclamation point when traveling with young kids or traveling and trying to save money both of those things really come in handy. Hotel staff was super nice and the pool was a good size and a nice depth! If in the area for anything else I will definitely stay there again!

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel because my band was playing one night in Rancho Cucamonga, and the next in Moreno Valley. This seemed like a good middle place to spend the night. Unfortunately, I threw out my back before the first show, so by the time I got to the hotel, I was in a lot of pain, by myself, and couldn't even get my bag out of the car. Ramon and Antonio came to my rescue and helped me check in quickly, brought my bags upstairs, and even got me extra ice and bags so I could take care of my back. The next day I didn't have to get on the road until late in the afternoon and really needed a place to rest, so they gave me a super late checkout at no extra charge. The staff really took care of me, and the hotel itself was everything you would expect from a courtyard. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to the staff for helping me get through this tough trip.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Not a traditional Courtyard luck with the true Courtyard in the middle but nice hotel nice quality comfortable rooms great service friendly staff and the bistro. Little pool too. Easy access to 215 highway

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family