See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2015

The problem started immediately at check-in. The man who helped me check in was discourteous and seemed to be bothered by children.. To no faul of ours, my son and I kept setting off his door buzzard and that irritated him, he continuously staired at us as we were there to rob the place. No people skills what so ever, asked me too many unnecessary questions. However, as distasteful as that initial course of events began, that did not compare to the rest of the stay. The AC did not work, the beds were hard and the sheets smelled. Once I took the bed spread off, one bed sheet had blood stains. It was late at night and I was far from home which is why I rented the room. The towels stunk, the TV was too small and the furniture looked pretty bit up. I got my family up at 6 am and left. Not worth the money spent and I would never recommend this location to anyone.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Elida G
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I didn't even sleep in the room. A soon as I open the door and smelled the room. I knew it was going to be bad. the shower was horrible you can see the picture. The bed was old sheets not cleaned. The carpet was black with huge stains. I will never be back. What a waist of 74 dollars

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miriam G
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Check in was easy man at the service desk even showed me the room personally to see if it's the type of room I wanted I was kind of creeped out by that you never had anyone do that for me before the room looks clean so I said it was fine we went back to the office where he showed me a sign saying a can't have company and if I did have company I would be kicked out and with no refund I came to riverside to see family and friends but "can't have company" so I went to my room real close to the office 103 as I'm watching TV when the cable was on I just discovered this email but I couldn't get rid of it smell like urine it was human or not it wasn't a bed is like somebody peed all over the carpet needless to say my stomach was hurting my head hurt from the smell and I will never ever ever ever ever there's a hotel again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 619sandiego
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Thankfully, even though I felt it was unsafe, I did not have any problems. It was frightening, however, to see gang graffiti on the elevator doors (inside). The area also made me nervous; although it is walking distance from a major shopping mall.

As far as the room itself, it was not good, either. There were some carpet stains and the bottom sheet was dirty. The walls are a bit thin for my tastes--I could hear my neighbors for a while. But, thankfully, they quieted down and I was able to sleep for a bit.

Also, they advertise a free breakfast but they were out of everything when I went down and it was still breakfast hours!

Finally, the price was too steep for that type of room and I used a coupon!

Most likely, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Just find another motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ElementHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Simply Home Inn & Suites Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank You for sharing your comments. We have taken steps to ensure future guests will not have the same experience. Graffiti marker was removed immediately. The Parking area is well illuminated at night. Breakfast is self-serve with Orange Juice, Coffee variety, Flavored Danish and Instant oatmeal. We encourage guest’s to give us the opportunity to address concerns during their stay. Your feedback is essential to improving the experience for future guest’s.I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Riverside area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Used a coupon from a travel a magazine to get a decent rate.
On arrival lobby was closed and transaction was done using night window. Had to keep repeating myself to the reception which after te forth occasion became infuriating. Had to ask twice for the Internet code which was scribbled down on an econo lodge peice of paper.
Room was basic and clean. Walls are a bit thin. I could hear my neighbours talking in room 102 next door. The hotel ( and all others located v nearby - to be fair ) , suffer from freight trains blowing their horn when passing. It's in the distance , but did wake me on two occasions. It also woke my neighbours too !
The bathroom and bedroom are ok. To say its the best hotel ever is a long way short of the mark. For $65 it was ok.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo