“Never again..run like hell”

Marina Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 29 June 2011

On 12/13/2010 I rented the Ball Room @ the Days Inn Point Richmond to be used on 12/18/2010 with a $500.00 security deposit. I was told that I would have to clean & vacuum the room when done and clean the restroom in order to get my deposit back. I was also assured that the Ball room would be given to me in a clean professional manner. Upon arrival on 12/18/10 the room was filthy, and stinky. The floors were trashed and the place smelled like and old stale smokers lounge. I spoke to Lisa who said that she didn’t have time to vacuum the room because she was running the front desk. My reservation was for 3:00. My hostess and husband ending up vacuuming the room and using air fresheners to get the room to a useable condition. The tables and chairs were also very old, tired, used, and dirty. Upon the end of my party I cleaned the room better than the condition that it was given to me, waiting for the return of my deposit. I was informed by the very rude desk clerk (I have forgotten her name) that I would have to wait until Monday 12/20/11 to get my deposit because Lisa didn’t tell her were the funds were, I was furious, and asked her to call management and she claimed she was management. On Monday morning I was again given the run around regarding the refund of my deposit. Lisa finally gave me my refund with no consideration for the inconvenience of having to pre-clean a filthy, stinky, un-kept Ball room. I have asked Lisa several times for the corporate names and phone numbers and she tells me to send the info to that Hotel address, I refuse because I know that info will not get to the intended recipient. I feel that I should be compensated for cleaning the Room and should not have been charged the amount I was because Days Inn Richmond failed on their part of the contract.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the motel
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lkt_hndrsn

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We were booked for 2 nights and we stayed 1. Checked in very late and were too tired to try to find another hotel for the night. The carpeting was soo dirty, I could not beleive my eyes. I saw a few bugs running aroun. The bed was short sheeted and had some kind of discusting pad under the sheets. The walls were filthy. In the morning, we could not wait to get out of there. When I went up to the office to complain, I noticed their pool was green!!! We are going to dispute the charges. I can't beleive this place is even in business. totaly discusting!!

Room Tip: Do Not stay here, ever!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welirol
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Cold Shower, Room Smelled, needed paint, broken Furniture, Stain on one of the pillows,mold in shower stall, Desk staff unaware of the soundings places to eat. Continental Breakfast was a big joke.Truly Corporate needs to fire the whole staff and start over. We brought 8 Families and tried to stay all in the same block they put us all over the complex.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TiddleShit939
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We were looking for a basic hotel to stay in during a road trip. For the price I didn't expect much but this place was horrible. The carpets had large stains all over them. The wallpaper was pealing in several places. There was something red that was splashed all over the wall to the right of the bed. There were holes in the blankets. Out of 4 lamps only 1 of them worked. (Maybe this was a strategy so that people wouldn't see how dirty it was with the lights on.) There was mold on the ceiling and in the shower. The furniture was beat up. There were people parting outside our room until about 6 am and then someone started with a leaf blower at 8am so I only was able to get about 2 hours of sleep. Oh... there was also about a 1/2" space under our door where any critter could come on in. The pool was also only half full and filled with green slime. Disgusting! Don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mais_0ui
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We checked in to room #207. The carpet was filthy and the toilet seat had a cigarette butt burn on it. I complained to the front desk and got room #102, the handicap accessible room. The shower never got warm. The bathroom fan sounded like a lawnmower. My wife thanked me for the quality of the rooms we've had in the past.

I requested a refund the next morning because of the lack of hot water. The person explained that Days Inn would not refund it because the room was bookeed through Expedia. Horrible experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rev09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
7.5 km away
4.8 km away
Economy Inn Richmond
Economy Inn Richmond
#3 of 6 in Richmond

Been to Marina Bay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK