“We Had A Cracken'-Good Dinner!”

Old Port Lobster Shack
Ranked #16 of 285 Restaurants in Redwood City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Newark, California
“We Had A Cracken'-Good Dinner!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We arrived before the line got big. Between the four of us we ordered two Maine lobsters, a Naked lobster roll and fish n chips. Everything was fresh and delicious. We'll be coming back soon.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Northern Cal
“Great food, Excellent, Fresh, Big Lobster.”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I went to Old Port Lobster Shack with family last week. The food was delicious. We ordered 4 Lobsters (3 steamed ones and 1 baked one). Both preparation were really good. The waiter was friendly. Atmosphere was great. Not only I love the Lobsters, I also loved the Lobster Chowder! It was to die for. So good. I would definitely come back to the restaurant for more visits.

• Visited January 2012
Bend, Oregon
“miscommunication & bugs”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

order wrong, bugs in salad, plain lobster.
I don't wanna go back.

los angeles
“YUM!!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Lobster roll...yum, crab roll...yum, fish and chips...yum, lobster bisque...yum. The restaurant is in a strip mall with ample parking. It isn't a big place, maybe a dozen or so tables inside and a few outside by the parking lot. There is only one person taking orders so it takes a while. When we left there was a long line out the door. Pricey but deliciously worth it!

• Visited June 2011
Austin
“West coast location, east coast food, south coast music...”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I wanted casual seafood while on the west coast and I found just what I was looking for at the OP Lobster Shack. Except that all the seafood is from Maine... Why?? If I'm not mistaken, there are good crabs in the Pacific, right? Well, anyway, the crab roll was delicious. The cole slaw was phenomenal. Service was really nice. There was a line out the door when we got there and we almost didn't stay. But the line moved fast and service was with a smile.

Atmosphere is casual and comfortable, especially with Cajun music strumming in the background. I'm glad they paid homage to America's awesome third coast via music!

Prices are high but it is lobster that was apparently shipped across the country, so...