All reviews nachos jacuzzi tub full hot breakfast free popcorn affordable rates hot items front office an older property bed was very comfortable would stay here again stanford hospital remodeled rooms ample parking coffee machine yogurt continental breakfast clean hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Popcorn is the best amenity. Not much else...very clean and easy access. Breakfast was so-so. Room was very clean and everyone was very friendly. Not a destination spot but worked well as a base to do other things

Room tip: close to road is loud if window is open.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
PacificInn, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Happyagain322,

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Although we were happy to hear that your overall stay with us was a positive one, we were disappointed that you didn't love your stay. We will be passing your feedback on to our relevant management teams, to ensure improvements are made. We would love to welcome you back, the next time you are visiting the area

Reviewed 4 November 2018

In late August 2018, I booked a nonrefundable room on Expedia for this hotel, and within minutes realized it was a smoking room. I attempted to change the reservation and accidentally cancelled it. My family still ended up staying at Pacific Inn, just in different rooms.

I was unable to resolve the cancellation issue that same day, so I attempted to follow-up with Expedia shortly after. Both Expedia and I were consistently unable to get someone from the hotel on the phone to discuss a refund. Fast forward to November 2018, at which point the hotel had yet to respond to a single one of my many emails and Expedia had still been unable to reach a manager from the inn. (At one point, a person at the front desk told me the record for my cancellation said "insufficient funds," even though I myself cancelled it through Expedia. Based on other reviews, it seems that the "insufficient funds" claim is a bad faith tactic the inn uses to justify its unfair cancellation policy and unacceptable customer service.)

On my last phone conversation with the inn, the person at the front desk refused to listen to anything I had to say and talked over me throughout our entire conversation. Our conversation ended when he hung up on me in the middle of my sentence. I again called Expedia for assistance, and they were also met with the same rude behavior when they attempted to discuss the issue with the inn.

Expedia filed a complaint and refunded my cancellation penalty, with absolutely zero cooperation from Pacific Inn. Were it not for the assistance of Expedia, I would have been unable to resolve the issue and Pacific Inn would have kept almost $300 for absolutely nothing.

I had previously stayed at Pacific Inn and had positive experiences. My family and I planned to continue staying there for events while I am attending school in the area, but now we will never go back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PacificInn, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent reservation with our hotel.

As you know, when guests use a credit card to make a reservation, we agree
not to re-sell the room pending their anticipated arrival. In this case, your guaranteed room was held throughout the night, despite having another reservation.

And, while our customer relations file confirms your guaranteed room reservation, our customer relations team hasn't been able to find a cancellation number.

These numbers are provided for our guests’ protection because they confirm their cancellation request. They're important numbers, because without one we cannot credit an account.

In order to avoid similar problems in the future, it's essential that you obtain a cancellation number whenever you cancel a room reservation. It's also a good idea to write down when you called and the name of the person with whom you spoke. This information will help you resolve billing disputes.

I am sorry I'm unable to do more for you at this time. However, if you can provide a cancellation number please contact me immediately so I can review this matter further.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

We brought a friend from out of town in to check into a room we had reserved well in advance. In the interim between the original reservation and check in date, the card originally used to book had been defrauded and we were going to change the method of payment on arrival. That is not an unusual request, people change their MOP checking in all the time.
When we arrived, which was around 8pm so nowhere near excessively late, we were told that our reservation had been cancelled. We had received no contact from Pacific Inn about this.
The man at the desk said they tried to charge the card before we arrived and since it didn't go through they sold the room to someone else. He was quite short with us, no sign of sympathy for the awful situation he put us in by making us find a new lodging late at night on a busy weekend. His only explanation was that it was their policy. No effort whatsoever to help us after they screwed us over. We got stuck having to drive half an hour out of the way and pay out the nose for about the only thing we could find available.
I have worked for 4 different hotel chains, at none of them was it EVER acceptable to attempt charges on a card before the guest's arrival, and cancelling the reservation to boot before midnight is also something I have never seen done. And all of this done without making contact with us? Absolutely preposterous. This is not a hotel that struggles to sell rooms, there was a HUGE convention happening nearby and every room within a 45 minute drive was full, so they were clearly tossing us for a day-of guest they could get more money out of.
Shame on these people. This is the hospitality business, if you screw something up for someone like that you damn well better do more than shrug and scowl and tell them it's "policy" because you could be putting someone into an actually dangerous situation. There were a lot of other things that he could have done to try to help and he did not.
If you want to make sure you actually have a guaranteed room, do NOT book here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
PacificInn, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear MeghanD366,

Thank you for staying with us once again, we are delighted to be your hotel of choice in San Francisco. We appreciate your loyalty and your business, and we are very disappointed to hear of your recent experience. Please rest assured that we are investigating the circumstances of your reservation and subsequent cancellation thoroughly, and we will be putting measures in place to ensure that such an issue does not occur again. We do have documentation illustrating that we did attempt to contact you via email and phone prior to cancelling the reservation that was made with a credit card with insufficient funds. Most hotels would not hold a reservation without valid payment on the arrival date of the reservation. We would love to have an opportunity to redeem our hotel and our service in your eyes, and we hope that you will allow is to do so in the future. Thank you for all of the business that you have given us thus far. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

As soon as we drove in we found the exterior of the buildings attractive. Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The room and bathroom were extremely clean. The breakfast was generous, just short of tables but it worked out. The location is not in a pretty part of Redwood City, but it is a very convenient area and seemed safe. We would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PacificInn, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Zoelle,

Thank You to taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing stay. We hope to see you again in the near future! Best Wishes!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Paid $125 per night for a 1st floor room by main entrance. The room was very clean with new paint, large bathroom and “wood” floor. Nice flat panel tv with unsecured Internet available at no charge. Loved the free breakfast and ample seating. Free parking, friendly staff and daily housekeeping services were also pluses. Stayed 4 days and very convenient to Stanford Shopping Mall and Target was just a block away. BTW, there’s a Starbucks and Pizza Hut in Target.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PacificInn, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Card10,

We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed an affordable stay in the Silicon Valley area at our hotel. We continue to renovate our rooms to please all of our customers and are delighted to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and nearby shopping centers. We hope to see you again soon in the near future! Best Wishes!