All reviews nachos jacuzzi tub full hot breakfast free popcorn affordable rates hot items front office an older property bed was very comfortable would stay here again stanford hospital remodeled rooms ample parking coffee machine yogurt continental breakfast clean hotel
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We stayed here while my mother had a visit to Stanford. Good location since it was close. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the grounds well maintained. Careful on trash day, almost thought someone had driven their car thru the next room when the dumpster behind us was picked up. ( Not the hotels fault) Breakfast was fine, nice to get a bite before a busy day at the hospital.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! We apologize for the loud dumpster noise you experienced.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Stayed here while my husband was in the hospital at Stanford for two nights. Even though it was less than 5 miles from the hospital, it could take up to 25 minutes to get there due to the traffic on El Camino Real - there is no other back road to avoid the many traffic lights, so timing is everything. The hotel is an older hotel, with updated rooms. The bed was very comfortable, and I loved the water flow from the shower head. The decor is basic, with wood-look vinyl flooring, a small sink area, and a desk. The towels were clean but thin. I asked for a quiet room, and apart from the pigeons outside the window, there was very little traffic noise. The hot breakfast was good for quantity, with reconstituted microwaved egg product, microwaved sausage product, pancakes, toaster waffles, toast, canned fruit bowl, cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, juice, coffee and milk and hot chocolate. Nothing fancy, I felt safe and the room was comfortable and clean. Target store right across the street, and a Taco Bell.

Room tip: ask for room away from the street
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you! We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I had a return medical visit scheduled at Stanford Medical Center, and needed to spend the night prior to my appointment. At our request we were given a room on the ground floor. Our room was spacious, and clean, with a table and two chairs, flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable, with two pillows for both of us. There were also 3 wastebaskets, one of which was for recycling. We appreciated that, since often times motels are stingy with them. Although we didn't use it, there was also room service available. Instead we took a short walk and found a Chinese take-out nearby. It wasn't the greatest, but it was inexpensive and we were able to eat in the comfort of our room. I'm sure there were other restaurants but we had already driven four hours and didn't want to drive any more.

The bathroom was well equipped for the handicapped, which I needed having recently had back surgery. There were multiple hand rails, a non-skid mat for the shower, and non skid strips on the edge of the tub. There was also a hand-held shower head, which I needed. The towels were adequate and the floor mat was fuzzy and non-skid, too.

My only complaint was that the light and fan in the bathroom were not separate, so every time I turned on the light the fan came on, too. But at least it wasn't very noisy. In addition, there was a bit of street noise since our room was near the front of the complex. If minimal street noise bothers you, I'd suggest asking for a room toward the back.

Although they advertised a "full breakfast" we weren't impressed. It was a bit better than fruit and pastries. But the eggs were runny and cold. We've had better breakfasts elsewhere.

All in all, given the price, we enjoyed our stay, and would stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariposaMarion

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! Thanks for letting us know Our promise is that we will genuinely do all we can to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable. Thanks,

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The staff is kind and helpful, rooms clean and of generous size, the bed was very comfortable with full size pillows, which is rare these days! The hotel is near Target and a small strip mall and many restaurants.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Sam

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Members of our company staff, along with myself recently stayed in this hotel and had a terrible experience. To start, the rooms were dirty. There was blood on the pillows and hair clumps on the towels. The beds were very uncomfortable, and the hotel as a whole was very noisy.
We also experienced terrible customer service. When I got to my room the toilet was clogged. I called down to the front desk and was told there was no maintenance staff, but that someone would come help. The front desk attendant came up and used the toilet brush to try to unclog the toilet. When this obviously did not work, he whipped it out of the toilet, splatter dirty toilet water all over the bathroom. He then proceeded to point to the bathtub and say to me, "Just use that, and throw it out." I was in complete shock and should have walked out then, but asked for another room.
We had attempted to look for other hotels in the area but most were booked for the night and after a long day of travel and work, we decided to just deal with the hotel for the night. The next day we checked out and attempted to cancel and refund our reservation. When we spoke with the front desk about this, the staff member attempted to blame our displeasure on having a “smoking room.” When we tried to argue that was incorrect, and proceeded to list our terrible experiences we were interrupted with, " I don't want to hear it."
Luckily, we were able to get a refund. However, I noticed the following day that my arms were covered in bed bug bites. This hotel is a serious health hazard to anyone who stays there. The health department is our next phone call.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know Our promise is that we will genuinely do all we can to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable we don't have bugs in our rooms we all so have pest control come regular to do service and Health department to come check rooms.
Thanks,