“Visiting Redwood City”
Review of Pacific Euro Hotel

Pacific Euro Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This city is very calm and has places to walk and expend time, the hotel is pretty close to the Center.
There is a restaurant behind the hotel, that have several good options for breakfast and a light lunch.

Room Tip: First floor does not have much light, try second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ish B, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello amaguinar -

Happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This place is ok for the price, considering how expensive accommodation is in the Bay area. The hotel itself is right in the heart of Redwood city, which is a nice quite safe area. I actually liked the area a lot and it really looks pretty at night time with lights all over the trees.

There is no onsite parking, however I had no issues getting a park in the council park just behind the hotel and this is $8 per day.

My economy room had a shower, but the toilet is communal and this was always clean when I used it.

The positives;
Clean, welcoming reception area, Starbucks coffee machine free for guests, nice staff and good area. Good wifi reception. Small but nice room with tv, cable, basic amenities etc. 5-10min walk to train station. Takes about 50mins by train to get to San Fran and between 30-60mins by car depending on traffic.

The negatives;
The BIGGEST and only true negative for me, was the noise. The walls seem to be paper thin and I could hear both my neighbors and every door that opened and closed. Drove me insane. Luckily enough, I was hardly there as I was out all day and most of the night. So ok if you won't be spending much time in the room itself. My room was on the Main st side, but I no issue with outside noise as the area is VERY quiet.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Ish B, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hello Shaun -

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. Sorry to hear about the noise issues. I hope you choose to stay with us again when traveling.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Best service ever, front desk employees was very helpful all the time specially Ms Katja, good location, clean room, free Starbucks 24/7, they everything you need in the room . Is very close to the airport and almost 39min without traffic to San Francisco

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ish B, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello Saiffedin S -

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and service.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We had THE worst stay ever in a hotel. I am usually generous with my comments, but we walked up the stairs (no elevator in this older building) and I could smell urine. We got into our room which was so small there was literally hardly any space to turn around for one of us, let alone two. This room should never have been sold as a double! The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went downstairs the next morning to get a cup of coffee and had to clean the area myself first. Spills everywhere. Why no attendant to take care of the messes?? Horrible, and I would never advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel two years ago and enjoyed it so much we returned for our recent trip. We booked the economy room both times and had no issue with the shared bathrooms. They had multiple bathrooms on the first floor - men's toilet and shower, women's toilet and shower, unisex ADA toilet and shower, unisex shower only, and unisex toilet only. We never had to wait to use one and they were always clean. They also have a shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel dispenser in each bathroom, in addition to the complimentary bottles provided in your room. Our room was a tad small for two people, but it had all the amenities we needed such as a mini fridge, microwave, sink, and desk. The bed was comfy and the perfect size for two. There's also an automated Starbucks coffee maker in the lobby. The only downside I noticed was we could hear the neighbors through the thin walls. However, it's the perfect economical hotel for those looking to save money while still enjoying their stay.

Room Tip: Economy rooms with shared bathrooms are on the first floor, standard rooms with private bathrooms ar...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Ish B, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Hello Jennifer -

So happy you enjoyed your stay with us again. See you on your next trip!