“very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
san diego
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

room was clean. everything was nice only the pool looked dirty. it was beyond my expectation for the price i paid. its 30-40 minutes away from san francisco. if you have a car to get around it is a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
LOS BARRILES
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My experience started off with the hotel not having a record of my reservation, which was made three weeks prior through American Express. Thankfully, I had the paperwork. While checking in I extended for one more night. Had I seen the room beforehand, I would have booked elsewhere. The carpets looked like they'd been used for a spitoon, the room was dirty (they didn't clean during my stay), poorly lit, shopworn and the locks on the balcony door were broken and inoperable. The next morning, as I was in SF, I got a call from them asking had I checked out. I said "No, I extended for another night last night." Again, they said they had no record! If my suitcase had not been still in the room I would have said "fine!" The staff was surly to the point of insoulence and the service was horrible! There is NO redeeming feature to this hotel! Do NOT book here!

Room Tip: DON'T book here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ROBERT H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stumbled upon Good Nite Inn looking for a standard room nothing too fancy but worth staying. I was searching around on the net, discovered this place was right off the freeway, price seemed to be reasonable so I figure Ive got a good find. Initially I called before I stopped by just to check availability and soforth, when I spoke with the desk attendant on the phone she didnt seem to be as polite as what I would expect a front desk person to be, but I thought hey everyone has their days, No Biggie, so I was qouted a rate of 62.00 dollars upon arrival, so about 15 minutes later I show up and come to realize the same rude lady over the phone was the same rude lady at the desk, so first she has to "check if she has any rooms" (mind you, I just called 15 minutes ago, and was quoted a rate) so finally she has a room, but magically the price went up to 65.00. I immediatly brought it to her attention that I was quoted a rate of 62.00 and she then went on to inform me the rate changes every hour!!!! (First time Ive heard that one) Anyway, to make a long story short I asked for her name and the name of her manager and when he could be reached, she then proceeds to lie and say her boss isnt there when I see a guy who I knew was the manager, I go on to let him know his employee was very rude, and he was on the defense, (All I wanted was good customer Service). Ended up having car issues while I was there and had to stay a couple of extra days, everyday I went to pay it was "We"re Sold Out" or "Let me See If I Have Anything" I felt so unwelcomed and I had the worse service, Im a young female adult and I was really discriminated against, the two front desk clerks Lupe and Patricia and the Manager David were the worse hotel people I have ever delt with. The rooms were Ok, I would say save your money and go somewhere else, mainly for the reason being the staff are all miserable and they try to make your life and stay as miserable as them.

Room Tip: The rooms surrounding the pool and Courtyard are the best its going to get.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Had to check in early being a musician doing a concert at Club Fox for a matinee show and it was no problem. Check out fast, smooth and courteous.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dennis K
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The watchword for the Good Nite Inn is "spartan". The spartans kept the materialism to a minimum but were otherwise clean and organized. Same is true here: things were clean, no major problems, nothing was missing that I could really object about, everything worked... but it's absolutely a two-star hotel. For $45/night, all I wanted was a place that was safe, clean and quiet, and I got those things. I was totally satisfied, but if you go in expecting a Hilton / Marriott experience you're going to be very disappointed.

Plusses:
- Big fridge
- Nice desk
- The beds are comfy
- I got a quiet night's sleep
- The place has a pool, so I can't quite say that "no expense that could be spared was made".

Minuses:
- The internet is rather slow, even after paying them the $4.95 for it
- The desk chair is kinda seedy, broken and gross
- A lot of the furniture has scratches or is otherwise worn, though not severely
- "Breakfast" was nice but minimalist, it's orange juice (from concentrate), coffee, and muffins. Not exactly lavish but way better than nothing.
- I could easily overhear people talking in the corridor outside the room; the doors aren't soundproofed.

Missing:
- Coat closet. You have a small armoire but it doesn't fit very much.
- Hand soap (only got one bar for both shower + sink)
- Extra power outlets. The room had two, apparently: one behind the bed for the alarm clock, the other by the desk (1/2 used by the light), and if I needed to plug more stuff in, I'd have had to bring my own power strip.
- Extra comforter or blanket - the sheets on the bed are neither high-quality nor thick, and it got a little cold there. I'm sure if I had asked the front desk they would have given me another blanket, but once you're already in bed you don't really want to be bothered.

As for customer service, check-in was very pleasant and friendly, they apparently get a lot of internet bookings and have the routine down pat. In the morning, when I asked for a plastic bag or something to put a few muffins in for the road, the lady went to the back room and rummaged up a wax paper bag for me.

After seeing some horror stories for nearby "budget" motels, like the Days Inn in redwood city, the value I got for my money here at Good Nite Inn was pretty great. If a client is paying, I'll go to a mid-tier proper hotel. But the next time I'm staying on my own dime, I'll probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Corridor noise penetrates easily, get a room in the back for better sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business