“Good food, friendly service”
Review of Tom's

Tom's
Ranked #124 of 256 Restaurants in Redlands
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Low fuel light meant it was time to fill up the car. In the olde days you could find four or five gas stations on nearly every corner. Not any more. And this was Redlands and I really don’t know the layout. Driving around I found a 76 station! Hooray! Then I noticed “Tom’s World Famous Chiliburgers” across the street. “Why not,” I said.

Well, they have a lot more than hamburgers here. Pastrami? Yes! Tacos? Yes! Pork chops, steak, fish and chips? Those too. But my wife and I decided to find out what “world famous” burgers were, even though we had never heard of them before.

Yum! A quarter-pound hamburger with the usual onion, pickles, tomato but covered with a heap of chili, all within a big sesame-seed bun. It was spicy, messy and very good. I did have to finish up with a knife and fork, though.

I noticed that they didn’t list chili on their menu board. They should offer their chili as a separate item in a cup or bowl. It’s nice stuff. And the service was friendly and efficient, too. I LIKE this place!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stopped in for an early breakfast. Service at the counter was slow. Ordered a ham and cheese omelette and water. Was charged $0.39 for the water. The water was very rusty.

Food was passable as was the cleanliness of the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Pulled in for dinner. Walked inside and noticed the restaurant was, in my opinion, filthy. They had a "C" rating posted.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Went there while I stayed at Super 8 across the street, the burgers were juicy and at a good price. I went back for breakfast in the morning it was so good

Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is one of those places that has a million items on the menu and spans a couple of countries in their flavors. Portions are generous and all has been quite fresh each time I have gone there. I don't usually go in, but drive through and take the food home to eat, but I do see others sitting inside. I have had burgers and hot pastrami and the protein is quite generous and tasty.

Been to Tom's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK