“Interesting, good food especially for a sports bar”

Darby's American Cantina
Ranked #28 of 256 Restaurants in Redlands
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Description: Darby’s is a classic rock and sports themed restaurant. We serve American/Mexican fusion cuisine with a flare, made fresh from the finest ingredients. We offer 40 different beers on tap including several made right here in Redlands. Every one of our bartenders and servers id a Cicerone Certified Beer Server. We also offer Redlands largest variety of spirits including over 100 Whiskies, from the old standards to some of the rarest craft varieties, over 25 tequilas and over 25 vodkas. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch, a place to enjoy Happy Hour, a place to watch the game, a delicious dinner for the family or a place to relax on into the evening, Darby’s is the place to go.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Darby's is a loud, busy Sports Bar so don't visit if you expect to have some intimate conversation. That said, it is fun, busy and quite popular. The menu has many of your basic "bar food" selections but also has some intriguing twists to some of the items. Sometimes there may be a wait and we have encountered many an irate customer but, honestly, what do you expect on a weekend night, at prime time? The hostesses do their best at giving an approximate wait time but it IS out of their hands if a party lingers. We were really impressed with the way Raechelle and Nicole handled a sticky situation. The servers are very busy but ours was attentive despite having many other tables to attend.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and tasty food! Staff is very friendly. The chicken tacos were a hit with me and my husband raved about the western burger! Being able to watch the football game on one of large televisions a big plus!

1  Thank Sacha M
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I've gone to this place twice with business dates and had a good time. It is popular for early evenings or late afternoons which is my time for going out. I take my family when they are in town (kids in their 30's) and they like it so does my 70-something man-friend. So I'd say that makes it an acceptable choice for most occasions. Not sure if under 21 is acceptable, I didn't look and didn't take any grandkids. Food is plentiful and kind of bar food lots of cheese and fried stuff but a few other choices are offered too.

1  Thank Nanamomma01
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This is great for watching sports but the menu is very heavy (deep fried foods and the like) which is not my style. I did get chips and salsa and I have to say that they were very good.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

It took a while to get used to how loud it was -not from the people, but from the tv's because there was hardly any people there. The five of us all got different entrees. The salads were the best looking and tasted the best-fresh ingredients. The sandwich wraps were also along that same line. The crab cakes were small, but decent. The portions were just about the right size as well.