“Great Mediterranean lunch buffet”
Review of Mr Kebab

Mr Kebab
Ranked #34 of 256 Restaurants in Redlands
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoy going to Mr. Kebab for the lunch buffet or else for a light evening meal of a falafel sandwich. The buffet includes traditional dishes such as tabbouli, hummus, baba ganoush, falafel, rice, meats, soup, vegetables and assorted desserts, etc. Delicious food and there is enough to eat if vegetarian. This is a family owned and operated restaurant with authentic food. Very nice people. Highly recommend. They make the best, fresh falafels there are!!

1  Thank Youleemic

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Went there on our way from Palm Springs to LA. Very good food my whole family enjoyed with good and quick service. Great find.

1  Thank Romashka9
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This was my first visit to Mr Kebab, so I opted for the buffet to enjoy the wide variety of menu selections. Everything was delicious. The soup, salads, main dishes and desserts were attractively presented and seasoned to perfection. Several in our group are vegetarians and there were plenty of selections to choose from. Everyone left full and happy. Mr Kebab is terrific!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This was my first visit and I only had the BUFFET so that is what I'm reviewing.
It was out of the way in a small shopping center with plenty of free parking and very close to a new job I just started...Perfect!

Pros:
The lunch buffet at $13 (more when you add a drink/tax/tip) was a very good price.
Plenty of free parking
A very good selection of foods (especially if someone is eating Middle Eastern food for the 1st time, although I'm not)
The restaurant was a good size, quiet inside and clean. Buffet area was also clean!
Hummus and stuffed grape leaves were good.
Baklava was excellent (not too overly sweet and sticky... just right for my liking)
Falafel was okay, but a tad dry.
Pita Chips were very good
Lentil soup was okay but watery and very little flavor
Servers were nice

Cons:
Both the Chicken and the Beef Kabobs were very dry
Both the Chicken and the Beef Kabobs were tepid instead of Hot as they should have been.
Pita bread was not in a warmer (although individually wrapped in saran wrap) and therefore dry.
While the servers were definitely friendly they did not clear my plates until I was completely finished and they brought the bill to me.
Most of the other desserts (except Baklava) were sickeningly sweet and VERY heavy Rose water flavor.

Overall while it was not fantastic it was okay and I would try ordering a dish of the menu next time so that I'm not heating cold food that should be hot.

1  Thank la123brat
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Mr. Kebab does a good dinner. The kafta plate was generous, although there was a lot of rice with not much to go with that. The kafta itself was tasty and generous. The veggie platter was also generous, with tabouleh, falafel, baba ganoush, hummus, fried eggplant, stuffed grape leaves, and one or two other things was almost all good, although the baba ganoush was a little more sour than I'm used to.

The lunch buffet was excellent. Every item (those mentioned above, plus two styles of chicken, and some other dishes, were all very good. For the low price ($12.99) for the buffet, it's a great deal.

Been to Mr Kebab? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK