“Two nights of good sleep!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Redding

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Chico, CA
“Two nights of good sleep!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed here two nights the last weekend of June since it was so close to a family wedding. Maybe I was just exhausted but I could not have asked for a better night's sleep. I know this because I usually sleep hot and my one complaint is that I could not get the A/C to hold a low temp and I slept anyway!
Grant it the hotel and property is nothing out of the ordinary but for the type of hotel it is and where it is located it is a good value and CLEAN!
Our room was very large with comfortable bedding. The bathroom was adequate as well. Just be careful not to open the bathroom door when someone is entering the room! We found the room quiet as well. Great Body and Bath Works products which is always a plus!
Easy access directly off the freeway. They serve breakfast but we were always gone too early. All the service was very friendly.

Room Tip: bring a lighted mirror if you are a stickler about your make-up.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ccinchico
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Hotel had nice beds, good sized rooms, and was clean and neat. Everything worked very well and that location was very good for the wedding we were attending. The service was very good as well, especially at the front desk and at breakfast. The breakfast itself was uninspiring but the service was good and cheerful. The only downside was that the room wasn't ready until about 5pm which almost made us late for our wedding, but supposedly this was due to someone being off sick for the day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlesThor
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Traveling to Southern California, we stopped here twice. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the features are just fine. I really appreciate having a mini-fridge in my room -- very desirable for those of us on a "road trip" with food and drinks to keep cold. The room had some extra toiletries that were very nice and the staff was very pleasant.

The location is handy, just off the freeway, but light sleeper that I am, I did not notice traffic noise, so they did a good job with soundproofing.

We ate dinner and had a good meal. Nothing spectacular, but tasty. (The rice pilaf was delightful -- I highly recommend it over the baked potato or the ubiquitous fries!) The breakfast is about $11, but it includes both a buffet and made-to-order hot entrees, so a reasonable price, in my opinion.

All in all, a good experience and we'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and river view for a treat. Very pretty at sunset!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerFrog
Santa Maria, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I had made the reservation for the Hilton due to the last time I was in the area, we stayed at the La Quinta and we put into a room with people already occupying the room. The hotel is still fairly new, and is on the quite side of town. Had no problems until after I came back home and saw that the authorization was still on my credit card, even though they charged for my room. I had talked to a gentleman, Tony, in regards to this after I sent an e-mail to Hilton HHonors. He said if the authorization is still in place after a few days, to call back. So I trusted his advice, but by the following week, it was still in place. It took me 2 weeks to get this taken care of. I had to call my credit card company to have the authorization removed. They did a 3 way call and the person that I was talking to, Rochelle, told me that I was the one that needed to call to have it removed. Seriously? I have worked in the hotel industry and know people that work in it and it is the hotel that should call to have it removed, NOT THE GUEST. Even my credit card company stated that the hotel should have called if they still noticed the authorization in place. They will never get my business again and I want a refund of my stay for forcing the guest to do the work for them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank socalabel
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I’m sorry for the issue with your credit card authorizations. There are times when authorizations may take a few days to release depending on the banks or credit cards used. We had contacted your bank and their customer service representative asked us to have you contact them for more information. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I spent two days that this hotel on business. The hotel is right off of the I-5, making it very convenient for travellers. Hotel is clean and well organized. The staff is friendly and helpful with any questions. The rooms are updated and there is free WiFi (and it is fast) throughout the hotel. Hilton has new adjustible beds in which the guest can adjust the firmness of the mattress. There is a restaurant on the premises that serves lovely food for those who do not want to venture into town. There is even a small bar. A nice touch is that in the evening they have free freshly baked cookies. There is a fitness on the premises but I did not partake in this amenity. Overall, this is an excellent little hotel and it was a delight to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ViennaLover
Thank you for the review. We do have everything right where you need it. Hope to see you on your next trip to Redding.