Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Nicer than I expected. We had a king bed. Very spacious. The shower was great excepts it was hard to get the water temperature adjusted just right but I loved the fact that it had seating in shower. Kitchenet was nice fridge cold. Good room

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 17 August 2012

They called it a "minor misunderstanding" that after insisting my credit card would be automatically billed for the room I had reserved the minute I hung up the phone, when we showed up just minutes later they indicated, "sorry, a minor misunderstanding - we have some new trainees working keeping the room availability record and we have no rooms". That is a MAJOR MISUNDERSTANDING. Reminds me of the scene from Seinfeld when Jerry tells the car rental agency "You know how to take reservations, you do not know how to keep reservations" when the agent reported his reserved car was not available. This better not show up on my credit card statement. Outrageous.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jwwcpa
RTL, General Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

What this guest said in his review reminds me of 2 quotes I’ve heard in my life: “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.” and “Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error.”

We do admit that an error was made. One of our front desk clerks didn’t write in a guest in our reservation book. This is not the norm at the Redding Travelodge. In the three years I have been managing the Redding Travelodge we have not had an overbooking situation. We have double checks and even triple checks that avoid this kind of thing to happen. Since we did fail to keep this reservation we AUTOMATICALLY refunded the guest credit card. When the guest came in we helped them get a good rate at another property (cheaper than what they were going to pay with us), printed up directions, and even gave them a breakfast voucher for the next morning at Lumberjacks. Even when we make mistakes we want to go above and beyond to help the guest. We are here to WOW every guest that walks through this door, even if they can’t stay with us.

Let me reassure you that if you choose to stay at the Redding Travelodge you will not regret it!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was so happy to cross the threshold of this place after a long, hot and dusty drive. After staying in a place the night before that had no business renting rooms, I was afraid of what I would find here. What I found was, simply, wonderful.

The room was welcoming in it's cleanliness, cool air and the sight of the big, comfy bed almost made me swoon in appreciation. I had plans to go out for the evening, but once I lay my head upon the soft, fluffy pillows, I was hooked and stayed right there munching happliy and watching TV.

The towles were large and soft, the bathroom spotless, I had a mini fridge and coffemaker; what more could a person want? But that's not all! They give you free newspapers and breakfast at a local restaurant. Wow! I'm definately going back.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor in the middle and it was just fine
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lysa E
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We decided to overnight in Redding on a journey from Arcata to Nevada City. At Weaverville we used wifi to look up motels in Redding; the Travelodge stood out so we booked online which was a decent price for seniors.
The motel is in the north of town not by the I5 which is a blessing. It was quiet - the room was clean, modernised with comfy beds and lots of furniture. It was nicely decorated not the depressing brown that many motels in the USA seem to have. The desk was efficient and helpful, there was coffee in the morning. The swimming pool was perfect on a 113F day. There was a good clean guest laundry room. For a Travelodge this was amazing - Travelodges in the UK all look like prison barracks in my experience
My only gripe was the weird breakfast voucher for a restaurant at the opposite end of the city by the I5. Given that it was only worth 3 and a half dollars pp or a small breakfast, it just seemed like a promotion for said restaurant or a ploy to get you out of the room early.
Other than that a great place; it fills up early so book in advance if you can.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We were on the road up from LA this summer and decided by the afternoon that we could make it to Redding, so we had our daughter look for a motel to book. She chose the Travelodge based on price and ratings, and we were very pleased. The room was spacious and very clean, and the hotel clerk was efficient and friendly. Though there is only a minimal sack breakfast provided at the motel itself, they gave us vouchers for the Lumberjack restaurant a few miles away that served a pancakes-and-eggs style breakfast with coffee that was very adequate - the best breakfast offer I think I've had from a motel in the U.S. It was an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple