“Will not be back, sorry”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Crescent City, California
“Will not be back, sorry”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here about 1 1/2 years ago when the hotel first open and was not impressed, but gave them a break because they had just opened. I checked in on a Friday evening and the staff was very nice. I asked for an upgrade but none were available. I choose a room on the first floor, which is unusual for me, but thought it would put me closer to the coffee in the morning. My room was the size of a closet and it smelled like B.O, however the room was clean and I thought maybe it was the room deorderizer they used. I cracked the window open and went across the street to a GREAT deli to eat. Upon my return to the hotel lobby there was Jack the Cat, the hotel mascot. I admire people who adopt cats and make them part of the experience of travelling. I took some free cookies and returned the my room whereby the smell was somewhat gone. The bed was great! Breakfast was OK with some great apples. Upon reflection I will not return to this hotel and instead stay at the Hampton Inn, where I reported awhile back that it was the place to stay, sorry Marriott I try to call them as I see them and will forgo earning my Reward points. I could have complained about the room but too tired, I am sure they would have accomadated my request to move.

Room Tip: Check the room first before taking it
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank jkw95
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My family, on a trip to Disneyland coming from Bend, Oregon stayed at this hotel and could not have been happier. The hotel was very new, and was perfect for our family of 4 for a night where everyone was comfortable and needing a good night sleep. The Hotel is located right off I5 and has a nice pool and hottub and is perfect for what are needs were. After our return the kids asked if we could stay at the same hotel in Redding that we stayed on the way to Disneyland. On the way back we were very happy to book another night at the Fairfield Marriott in Redding. The Breakfast was first class, and a great way to get you going in the morning. I have stayed at a number of Marriott, Fairfields and this one is top shelf.

Room Tip: Any Room is Fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gabriella P
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Was welcomed with open arms by the staff here. Great refreshing attitude towards my service dogs from the staff. Very clean and comfy. Breakfast had a waffle bar, eggs, cereal, you name it. Actually hated to leave such a nice friendly place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here last weekend. We arrived late at night and there were only rooms left on the first floor, which was fine for us. The staff was friendly upon check in. Pets were allowed and saw some cute dogs. The room was smaller than I would have expected, but fit two double beds, a desk, table, nightstand and sitting chair with a little bit of walking room. There was a small closet with plenty of hangers to hang our jackets/coats. Thermostat was easy to change in room. Extra bedding was available. Room was clean. Bed was a little softer than we are used to, but it was o.k. Breakfast was the reason we picked this hotel and it did not disappoint. Lots of choices. Sausage & Gravy, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, items to microwave, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice, hard boiled eggs... I'm sure I left something out, but there was a nice presentation and plenty to choose from. No fridg or micro in room if that matters to you. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sutrotower
Oregon City, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The staff was friendly. The room was on the small side. Would have liked to have had the cool air from outside, but the window only opened inches, so the air conditioner blew on us all night. The breakfast was generous with a very nice selection.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple