“Worth a trip to Redding for this one”
Review of Maritime Seafood and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maritime Seafood and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We went on an August Wednesday night. Business here was very slow but the service was excellent and the food was very flavorful, interesting and well presented. My wife and I split a Spring Roll which was unique and very tasty. I had a pineapple salad as I wasn't very hungary. It was wonderful. My wife had dungeness crab cakes which proved to be too deeply fried but not bad. We split baked Alaska for dessert which was terrific. This restaurant reportedly can be extremely busy so you might check to see if reservations are needed.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

A lot of money for a small amount of very tasty food... So you decide~ is it worth it? I say "once in a blue moon"

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My wife and I like to treat ourselves to Maritime as often as possible and consider it to be Redding's best choice for fine dining. We have never been disappointed with the food, the prices, the wine list, or the wait-staff. We've been enjoying Maritime for six years now. The atmosphere there is perfect with its low-level lighting, private booths, and background music (and restaurant noise) low enough to actually enjoy conversation. The stuffed pork dish is excellent, and they offer a great although small fillet. There is usually parking on California Street just a few feet from the front door.
We can't say enough good things about this place.

2  Thank ChrisandJess2006
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Maritime does a very good job most of the time with a real emphasis on quality food and presentation. However, its "valentine" dinner was a bust with poor service and poor food quality.

Reviewed 15 December 2008

whether I move this back up to 5 stars. One of the best restaurants in Redding. Delicious food but not for the "BIG helping makes good food" crowd. The swordfish on my first visit was mesmerizing. Second time, I ordered duck, which is not an easy dish but I had faith. It was tough. Heading back next week and I hope to restore to 5 stars.

1  Thank krisnles