“Disappointed”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a lovely property BUT unfortuately when checking out we were advised that we owed for the use of the amenities @ $27 per nite plus taxes. What the heck?!! Are your prices not high enough that we have to pay to use your fitness center, have kids play in the rec rooms, the pool, etc. What then are you offering for the price, your rooms?, which are nice but NOT exquisite by any means! Plus our room was very musty/moldy smelling. What a rip off! Plus we were NEVER informed at any time about these added charges, not when we made the reservations, not when we checked in ONLY at our check out! THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD BUSINESS! we will NOT be staying there again nor refering this property to family and friends.

Room Tip: They have no elevators so if you have a hard time with stairs ask for a ground floor especially for...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prayerwarior
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear prayerwarior,

Thank you for your recent post. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We do our very best to inform our guests of the standard resort fee. When making a reservation, it is listed in the verbiage and on our websites. We also make sure our reservations agents and entire resort team are aware to assist our guests with any questions they may have in regards to this fee.

We hope you will take the opportunity to join us again.

Be well.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Thank you Westin Mission Hills Resort for yet another great, relaxing trip. The Westin Mission Hills is truly my home away from home....one of my favorite places to escape the hustle & bustle of busy city life. I have to single out a few wonderful staff members -- Thank you to Rafunzel Carreon, Bruno Santos, Debra La Lima, and the wonderful David (Bartender @ Las Hadas Pool) for always going WAY above & beyond the call of duty and making my stay that much better. These 4 incredible staff members are always so welcoming & accommodating that i always feel like they are welcoming me back "home" whenever i come visit. I can't wait to come back soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear JamieNoelani,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and lovely comments regarding our staff.

We thank you again for your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am longtime Starwood member and currently Platinum status... I normally do not take time out to write reviews but I felt compelled to give folks a heads up regarding this property because I feel that it does not deserve a "Westin" designation. 1.) The pictures on the website make it look like a luxurious resort. The reality is that this place has not been updated since it was built (probably in the early 80s). Examples included weeds growing out of the walkways, to a much needed exterior paint job, to a pool that was uninspiring (a simple square with old lounge chairs and rugged towels). 2.) The checkin process was really confusing. I was told that I could valet as a convenience but then found out (after checkin) that my room was a good 5 minute walk from where I dropped the car. 3.) I checked out and proactively notified the front desk that I had 2 items in the mini bar so that I could have everything included on my bill. However, the maid accounted for my 2 items and the front desk did not bother to see that they already charged me for these items so I had a duplicate. This is careless and required my time in dealing with accounting who never picks up the phone. I would never return here and it is a shame that Westin keeps affiliation here. How can you put this in the same category as Westin Cabo, Westin SF or Westin Boston?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Josh B
Reviewed 24 April 2012

After 8pm, my wife traveling alone, had 2 men knocking on her door. They said they were there to upgrade the lighting in the bathroom. She checked and the lighting was fine. Needless to say, she became quite frightened. She called the desk and they knew nothing about it. Only after further investigating, did the desk find an e-mail confirming the situation. My wife did not sleep much that night and upon calling the hotel the next day the best response was "sorry". We stay at this resort often and pay top price for doing so. I think more than a sorry is due.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Westin Mission Hills underwent a remodel a few years ago and it's a great place to stay in the desert. The rooms are a bit dark but who stays in their room for long while you're in the desert! Pools are fun and the location is great for heading north or soulth to shop or play.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you Mr. Duffer for your recent review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
11.8 km away
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
5.1 km away
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK