“nice stay”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We had a good experience at this hotel, even though the hotel was sold out, we had no problem finding a table at the restaurant by the pool, service was just ok. My daughters had a great time at the pool, it was clean and fun. Our room had a balcony overlooking the golf course. Room was clean and had a king bed plus a full sofa bed, enough room for a family of 4. Bathroom was spaciuos and neat. Overall a nice stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed there with the kids for springbreak, the hotel was nasty. Even after doing the survey not a phone call that showed they care. Will not stay there again, pool was dirty, hair clumps, food and no one was around to clean with all those guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Do NOT stay at this hotel! We stayed for a weekend and my husband received 46 bed bug bites! Although this was verified by a doctor and we have photos, the hotel is refusing any cooperation and compensation! We have spent hundreds of dollars to have our home treated, replace luggage, etc. and the hotel will not cooperate! The management is awful and completely unprofessional!

7  Thank Jean M
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I had heard great things about this hotel even though, from what I saw, its old and dated. So I purchased a one night stay at Rancho Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage as a Mother’s Day gift for my mother-in-law. Unfortunately she fell on her hip and could not attend. I contacted the awful website EASY CLICK TRAVEL, which I had booked from and they would not refund the room. So I took the day off and went with my family.
After arriving at the hotel Rancho Las Palmas, I was told that the room was canceled. The Reservations manager Shannon was called out and told me that she would speak to the travel site, Tourico (EASY CLICK TRAVEL). I also called the customer service at Tourico and told them that I did not want to cancel the room and receive a penalty charge so I am trying to check in. After over an hour on the phone with Tourico I was told all they could do was make a second reservation. I was constantly asked by the Tourico representative to not speak with the hotel and just make a second reservation with them because they had proof from my email that I wanted to cancel so there’s nothing I can do. I explained to her that after finding out about the cancellation policy, I told the representative over the phone on Thurday that I did not want to cancel and she said it was my word against the representative and that the rep had written a report of my call asking to cancel.
Shannon from Rancho Las Palmas told me she would speak with them and handle the situation with their sales department and that my room was ready and we could check in without fear of any additional charges. She repeated constantly that she had seen something like this before and I have nothing to worry about. She said that they could undo the cancellation since they already received payment from me for a full night’s stay.
An hour later I called Shannon and she told me she wasn't sure that I wouldn’t get charged again and that she would call me back. She called told me that she could not do anything because Tourico had been very rude over the phone with her and if I stayed in the room she would charge my card another $240. I told her I did not think it was fair to receive two payments from me and she proceeded to raise her voice and tell me that I have been in the room too long and if I wasn't paying then I have 15 minutes to get out while she sends security to my room. I was stunned at the sudden turn in her attitude after assuring us that she would take care of everything. We packed our things and drove to the front desk to explain that since we arrived (at 11AM) to 2PM we have been on the phone trying to get out of this cancellation charge and keep the room without additional charges. She said that she spent a long time speaking to Tourico and they refused to work with her and she was very upset at how they spoke with her. She got her manager who of course made another attempt to get more money from us and said he would give us a special deal of $120 if we go back to the room. I explained to him that according to the cancellation policy they have with Tourico, they received the full payment for our room as if we hadn’t canceled and he said this was not true. We told him that we were very tired of the attempts from them and Tourico to get more money from us and just wanted to leave.
I have never received this kind of treatment from a hotel booking site or hotel. I should've listened to the reviews here about the staffs greedy attitude.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool are so noisy. Property is too big and spaced out. Rooms are old.
2  Thank ArtArm
Reviewed 16 May 2012

got the chance to stay here last week (may 2012). a very beautiful large resort hotel with a spa attached. The room was very nice and clean. balcony overlooking the adult pool. Took advantage of the splashtopia fun pool on thursday and friday. both days it was lots of fun. we were going to go on saturday as well but it was insanely crowded and busy so we went to the tranquil pool area instead. great central valley location. leisurely 25 minute drive to downtown Palm Springs. Across the street is The River shopping center.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4.4 km away
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
10.8 km away
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK