“A GREAT STEAKHOUSE”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 107 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Veldt Street
Transit: The SunBus has a bus stop on the corner of Bob Hope & Hwy 111
Description: Fleming's Rancho Mirage, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The River, across from the Rancho Las Palmas Resort, in the Coachella Valley near Palm Desert.
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

If you've never heard of Flemings it's a high-end restaurant and a part of the Outback chain. It's not inexpensive but, if yours a steak lover, it's well worth the price.

My partner and I had won a $50 gift card at a charity auction last year but didn't get around to using it until after it had expired. Although we doubted the restaurant would accept it, we took it with us anyway. As it turned out, it was a good thing we did as the restaurant manager allowed us to use it.

The ambiance was very comfortable and inviting due to very little noise. My partner had the aged ribeye and I had a New York steak. Both were cooked perfectly to our satisfaction...juicy and tender. For sides we had Yukon mashed potatoes and sauted brussel sprouts with bacon. Delicious!

I must add that the manager, James Evans and our server, Dana Karr showered us with attention to our every need. The rest of the staff was courteous, efficient and unobtrusive. I will definitely dine there again.

1  Thank johnaQ3225OB

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I had one of the best rib steaks ever. 20 ounce prime on the bone. Cooked perfect. My wife had lobster tempura, but we shared a little of each. Onion rings were super. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I was a guest at the seminar therefore the menu offerings were limited. With that being said I had an amazing Angus burger, with Yukon gold mashed potatoes, and fresh salad with walnuts and cranberries. Absolutely delicious. I would imagine this is truly a 5 star experience for dinner.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Flemings on a Sunday evening just before the start of the high season. The restaurant was almost empty and there were eight table staff. You would've thought we would've had fabulous service but unfortunately, quite a bit of time would go by between each time the staff finally came to see us. They spent quite a bit of time talking amongst themselves, which was a real shame.

We all had the Sunday night roast beef special which was a great deal! Included a salad, the main course with two side dishes and any of their regular desserts. Way too much food for one person but absolutely delightful. Have to say that their wedge salad it was one of the best I've had for years and years.

The place is a real throwback to the 1950s and 60s. But that's not bad! Sometimes, in a restaurant, you like to be treated like royalty– and this place really does the job. Not inexpensive, so be aware.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My partner and I ate at Fleming's Steakhouse Rancho Mirage last night.

The starters were very good - I had a burrata and my partner a wedge. Both were well presented and the wedge was not overdressed - just right.

And then the steaks arrived. Our waiter, Dakota, had done exactly the right thing when we ordered them, and accurate described what my medium rare Angus rib-eye should be like - red in the centre and pink around the outside. But when it arrived it was closer to well done...

I have almost never sent anything back to the kitchen, but on this occasion I asked Dakota to look at the steak. He immediately agreed that it wasn't right and took it back t the kitchen. Then he came back two minutes later and said that they would upgrade me to a grain-fed rib eye at no charge. And sure enough a perfectly medium-rare steak arrived ten minutes later - it was one of the best steaks I have ever tasted.

Well done to Flemings for a flawless recovery from a mistake. And well done Dakota for a super professional handing of the matter.