“Great seafood”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th Avenue
Description: Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine and beverage around the world ever since. Join us tonight in Rancho Mirage, CA to discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

There are so many great fresh fish choices but my husband got the short ribs and declared them excellent. Rare butterfish was cooked perfectly. Ono and mahi mahi were also good. Service was top notch. Hadn’t been here in a long time but we’ll be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We had to wonder if Roy's is falling out of favor. We've been to their Hawaii and Woodland Hills locations in years past and always found them busy. This visit the dining room was very sparsely occupied.

We had taken up an offer through Trip Advisor for a prepaid coupon for dinner for two. This was handled nicely enough by the manager. Our waiter was helpful explaining our options.

We shared pot stickers as an appetizer then both chose the Butterfish. Very good indeed.

We had dessert as part of the coupon. I had chocolate souffle which was good, very rich.

Wine selections were pretty good.

The mathematics of the final bill baffled me. It ended up not being that good a deal and I don't think we got the promised 15% discount on our bottle of wine. With tax and tip the evening cost roughly $200. That's about par for this level of restaurant.

We were struck by how different the decor and ambience are here, especially compared to Roy's Waikaloa location which is light filled, casual and lively. At Rancho Mirage it is dark and formal, more like an old-school restaurant such as Morton's or Lawry's.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Reserved through OpenTable on a Tuesday night at 7:45 pm.

Restaurant itself was not busy although staff seem to stay busy. In fact too busy to greet me and waiting 10 minutes I walked out.

I do not understand how you can walk by a table several times and not acknowledge the guest.

I sat at the table without water, without bread, without a acknowledgments for 10 minutes while several staff walked by and waited in adjacent tables. Unacceptable.

And you call yourself a fine dining restaurant, unbelievable!

1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We are big fans of Roy's and the one in Rancho Mirage is high on that list. Our sole purpose for being in the Palm Springs area was to visit Roy's for my birthday. Sat near bar overlooking kitchen (love watching the action) for Hawaiian Martinis and appetizers and because our server was so good we stayed there for dinner. Had the shellfish combo which was excellent and their molten chocolate souffle for dessert. If you've never been to Roy's you really owe it to yourself to give them a try.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere, service and the food was fantastic! The Braised beef ribs was so tender I cut it with my fork, and my wife loved her jumbo Prongs. We also had a side order of lobster Mac and Cheese...OMG! We topped it off with a Pineapple upside down cake and scoop of vanilla icecream that we shared. I will be going back again!Great atmosphere, service and the food was fantastic! The Braised beef ribs was so tender I cut it with my fork, and my wife loved her jumbo Prongs. We also had a side order of lobster Mac and Cheese...OMG! We topped it off with a Pineapple upside down cake and scoop of vanilla icecream that we shared. I will be going back again!