“Great food with attitude”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Description: Phone: (760) 340-0006
Description: Phone: (760) 340-0006
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The felafel's are amazing. I think they may be made with fresh Fava beans.
The lavish (bread) is also fabulous but.....
When we told the wait person that we couldn't eat one of their dishes and sent it back they got so upset.
The rest of the meal was so strange because almost all the staff ( family?) proceeded to ignore us.
They never asked us if we wanted any dessert ( I really wanted to try the Baklava) and no one would give us any water or Bring more bread. In the end it was difficult to get the check.
What a weird experience.
I would love to go back but it was such an unpleasant situation that I am reluctant.
We did read after the fact that others have had similar things happen.
All I can say is be prepared.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I have been going to GBanzo long enough that we're recognized by everyone working there, and it's always been at least a decent experience (food is always good). That said, I will not be returning, nor will my family or friends or work associates. The reason for this is when I was there last with my mother, we had finished up eating and my mother was pouring residual tahini into a container to take with the rest of our left over food... and out comes a dead fly.

Flies can happen, in and of itself that's not the reason, the reason is the way the waiter, waitress, and owners reacted. My mother brought this fly-in-the-food to the attention of the waiter, her relayed the complaint to the owners (husband and wife) who had been eating a few tables away. The owners and primary waitress/hostess huddled around the fly in the tahini close to the kitchen... to discuss this I guess.

A few minutes later the primary waitress/hostess comes over, my mother relates what happened, and as the waitress walks away she makes a sniping and sarcastic comment about it being the cleanest fly she'd ever seen, suggesting that we put it there to get free food. I let that comment go in addition to explaining to her we weren't asking that anything be comped (perhaps we should have) and that we just wanted to bring it to their attention.

After that, we paid and left with our remaining food. Not a single person, owners included even apologized for the pest in our food. In fact, the owners didn't even acknowledge us as we walked immediately in front of them out the door. I don't like making a scene, particularly with people in the service industry because of how many other people do, but perhaps I should have.

This complete lack of customer service and even minute care for regular diners completely blew me out of the water. I will not be returning. In addition, I will be posting this on several other review sites.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

NEVER AGAIN ! Consistently HORRIBLE service by poorly trained servers--if trained at all.

Third visit. And once again... the worst restaurant service in the Coachella Valley I've ever experienced.

Our group of 5 will never return.

Decent food (yet overpriced and cheap-skate portions) can't make up for miserable service.

Sorry guys. Wanted to like you, but your servers are the absolute WORST and have ruined 3 consecutive dining experiences.

Plus 5 tiny pieces of kabob chicken for $13.95 with 2 tiny sides?

And you charge an extra $6.95 when someone ELSE in our party orders the assorted salad when they're paying full price for it and never ask for refills on anything? What a rip off!

You lost our business forever.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We absolutely love the lavash/pita bread that is made fresh with every meal in a traditional style. I as a pescatarian/vegetarian am delighted with a huge choice of salads and the quality of the fish. My husband on the other end loves the lamb and the turkey shwarma which is fantastic. Lots of wonderful authentic traditional foods. Nice selection of wine too. Great for the two of us as well as for families.