“Great for Take Out”

Francesco's Cafe
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Italian, Persian
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We ordered the double portion of Veal Picata, with fresh veggies, and the swordfish skewers. The take out meal was well prepared and the veal was tender while the chunks of swordfish were nicely marinated and served with rice and other veggies. The eat-in restaurant area was busy so I recommend a reservation to this family run restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We had an excellent meal at this place and loved every course, the ambiance, the coffee, the waitstaff, and the music. I would have given it 5 stars except for one thing. A few hours after eating there I was violently ill and spent the night throwing up. It could have been from that food, or it could have been from some appetizers prior in another place, or it could have been some non-food related infection. But, the odds are it was from the chicken marsala or the tiramisu I had at this restaurant.

So it is either 5 star or 1 star, depending whether it caused my illness. If lots of others here have similar complaints then 1 star. If my experience is very unusual then more likely 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

One meal was completely wrong and other was short several items . A long wait to replace entrée over 30 minutes. lots of staff running around getting very little done. Quality of food was average to poor. We will not be back

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Every trip to the desert we come here at least twice. This time we came to eat 3 times, plus we had them prepare a half pan of lasagne ($60) which we took back to our condo, froze it and brought it back home with us. We love the lasagne, the pizzas, the Persian salad, calzones, lamb dishes... well everything! We will always come back. Great food and service! Just don’t expect a fancy restaurant.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

I heard a lot of great comments about this place but my experience wasn't as good. Service was fair to poor, we had three different people trying to take care of us and nobody seemed capable of doing the job. Food was good-lamb kabobs especially, but the garlic bread was overcooked and more like a cracker, soup was luke warm, and friends salad came less than a minute before dinner. Still, I would give it another try.