See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2017

When I checked into the hotel on May 11th, the desk clerk discovered that I made a mistake on my reservation and actually reserved for the night of May 18th. She graciously, cancelled that reservation for me and said they had plenty of rooms available for the night so no worries. As she was entering my information in the computer system, the system shut down. I was told this same thing happened yesterday and took several hours to fix. I asked what there was I could do and she asked me to wait in the breakfast room while she tried to fix the problem.

After an hour of waiting, I asked if the system was back up. The desk clerk said it wasn't and decided to get me checked into the hotel using paper forms. This took a few minutes. At this point, the desk clerk said she saw room rates in the system of $141/night for 5/11 and $104/night for 5/12. My reservation for two nights for 5/18 and 5/19 was for $126/night so I agreed to these rates and went on my way.

The desk clerk as said she would upgrade me to a King suite since I was so patient and a long time Gold member. I said this was not necessary and that all I need is a bed and a bathroom. She insisted and I just wanted to get to my room so I agreed.

The next day I was informed that the rate I was being charged for the room was $159/night which is the standard room rate for a King suite. I explained to the clerk what had transpired and that she should check with the clerk from the night before. This person was very nice and said she would check with last night's clerk and reset the rate.

When I checked out on 5/12, I was told the rate had to stay at $159/night because that was their policy. The night clerk verified my story but the she was not authorized to charge me the rates she saw in the system before it went down.

I complained to IHG customer service and was told it would be "illegal" for them to change the rates from $159/night to the rates I was quoted at check in.

No doubt it was my mistake on the reservation and I've learned that lesson well now. I am dumbfounded that the management of this hotel will not back their night clerk who was doing an excellent job in trying circumstances. This is how you lose good people. They have certainly lost me as a customer. With rooms available, they charged me they highest rate possible to make a short-term extra $100 of profit.

I travel to Ontario, CA often and they could have had all my future business and that of my company. Now, I'll never stay there again and I'll direct the rest of the people at my company to avoid the hotel. What could have been 30 to 40 hotel nights per year is now going to the competition.

As for the IHG brand, I'm not satisfied with their response to this issue either. I've been a Gold member since 1999. Shifting my business to another brand requires very little effort. What would you do in my shoes?

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. There are lots to choose from in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Rich G,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and for staying with us. I am happy to know that you found the efforts of our hotel staff commendable. On the other hand, I am sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the level of customer service while you were dealing with your reservation. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

Your loyalty to our brand since 1999 is highly regarded and we would like to thank you for being our IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite member. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Zel N.
Case Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We drove down for some college visits and stayed at this hotel the night before. We were warmly greeted, and one of the staff helped us with our driving plans for the next day. The room was nicely updated and comfortable. There were signs about the ongoing "renovations" but I honestly didn't see nay going on; the place looked nice and new. And, they had real music playing in the halls, not Muzak. Someone had clearly put some work into a happy soundtrack. That was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Smack in the middle of a bunch of restaurants and other hotels this is a business travelers dream. 1.7 miles from my customer it was easy in and out. No traffic hassles! Front desk staff super friendly same for breakfast. Nice and clean. I'd be back again for sure. Great view of the mountains.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
customercarerancho, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We arrived at hotel after 5 hours of traveling and waited almost an hour at checkin because the front desk girl said our reservation was cancelled and a much higher rate for reservation was made which was false.

She discussed with the "manager" and finally the manager told out and she had NO willingness to work with us and made it clear she as not going to appreciate our Spire business and told us we could go elsewhere and she did not want our business.

I made it very clear there was a misunderstanding and we were unhappy and we would contact IHG and she did not care, the only objective of this property is to try and charge customers as much as possible without any consideration or respect for customers.

No explanation is justification for the way we were treated at checkin, this was by far the worst service and attitude from hotel management you could imagine. The keys for room consistently did not work and the internet connection was terrible most of the 5 days at hotel making it difficult to do any work.

Renovations at hotel made it very loud early every morning

Room Tip: Do not stay at this property
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear Stephen R,

I am grateful to you for being one of our guests at Holiday Inn Express And Suites Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, and getting out of your way to leave us your feedback. We understand that your stay was not a complete success because of the uncaring attitude shown by one of our front desk staff and for the confusion on your reservation. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and in line with this, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Thank you for your patronage as an IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member and we hope we look forward to receiving your response so that we can be of further assistance.

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Hotel room was nice and clean. Beds very comfortable. TV cable box was disconnected, but once connected it worked fine. The door wiggled and was not solidly closed, but it locked. Breakfast was great. The Dining Staff was wonderful, very polite and service oriented. Restaurants within a short drive or walking distance. Experienced an issue with billing. The hotel puts a $50 block on your card for incidentals, however, it takes two weeks to be reimbursed if you put it on a debit card. So I asked to charge the $50 to my credit card and I would pay for the room with my debit card separately. As a result, I was charged twice for the room (once on my debit and once on my credit card). I contacted the front desk via telephone immediately upon discovering this and they admitted the error and are working to get me reimbursed. All in all, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ensure the doors are secure. There is only one elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
customercarerancho, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017