“Nice stay Starpoints stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga

Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
So*Cal
“Nice stay Starpoints stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

We Booked a stay at the Four Points with our SPG Starpoints and we arrived a little early (30 minutes before check in) and our room was not ready yet so we sat in the lobby for a little bit, which is very nice, not over done but in simple contemporary style. The lady at reception then called us up to the desk a few minutes later and she stated that it would still be a little bit because the housekeeper hadn’t gotten to make up our room yet but if we like she can put us in one that is an “accessible” room that is already done. That was perfectly fine since the room is pretty much the same just made for wheelchair access. She asked us a few times if we were sure that was okay with us, which I was pleased she did because usually when you book a free stay with your points they just put you in whatever they have without even asking. We went up to the 4th floor which is the top and which is the “Starwood Preferred Guest floor” and we got to our room #433 and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. Upon walking in immediately to the right was the large bathroom, it was much larger then their regular ones because this one was an “accessible “ room, it was the size of a small bedroom! The bathtub and shower was much larger than I had expected as well, the only let down was that the floor seemed rather dirty, looked like it hadn’t been moped in awhile and the grout was disgusting, I never took my socks off and I laid out towels to step on when we showered (that was the only negative). From the entry door, on the immediate left there was a small armoire or clothes and then a few feet down was a very nice and new LCD flat-panel TV and opposite that was the nice king bed. The bed wasn’t the most plush I have ever slept in but it was quite comfortable and the pillows were lovely and we loved the wood headboard as well. There is a nice computer desk which had some brochures, paper, pens, coffee maker with coffee cups and different Tazo teas as well. There is wireless and wired FREE internet access in the room. Just turn on your laptop and you are good to go! That was a major plus to enjoy. There is also a nice red sitting chair which I suspected was a recliner even though you could barely tell, so to test out my theory I held the arm rests and leaned back and sure enough it was a nice comfortable recliner. While we were relaxing in our room my husband decided to take a nap while I was taking advantage of their wireless and all of a sudden I heard some strange beeping coming from out in the hall and then seconds later a very loud noise and flashing lights were coming from the wall right over my husband’s resting head…. It was the fire alarm!!! I can not even described how loud and heart stopping it was. My husband awoke in a daze and he hilariously asked “is that us”, I was tempted to yell “no, it’s the market down the street, YES IT’S US” but instead I told him “it’s the fire alarm, let’s go”, we got a few of our valuables together and got out the door, we looked to the left and the fire doors had closed, which was a little scary but we continued down the hall and reached the stairs (coincidentally I happened to look at the fire map on the back of our room door just an hour before) we rushed down the stairs which opened up to the outside, we saw other people and we all walked to the front of the lobby. Turns out a cook or someone set something on fire and the alarms went off, luckily the fire sprinkles only went off in the kitchen (the water started to come out into the lobby) but the fire crew arrived and turned everything off as we sat in the lobby and ended up talking to a very nice other couple. They apologized and we all went back to our rooms. While it was a little scary, we really didn’t mind, these things happen and we are thankful it wasn’t at 3am or while in the shower. This event added some adventure into the stay and wouldn’t hinder our thoughts to return again (which we will). We enjoyed our stay, it was comfortable and the staff was nice. For dinner,I would suggest the yummy Cheesecake Factory which is located just a couple blocks away at Victoria Gardens as well as great shopping and entertainment, there is even a winery a couple street away. *Took a lot of photos, unfortunately deleted all but two of them.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SoCalTravelingWifey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

New Four Points is very nice. Typical rooms - great bed, love the furniture, big and bright bathroom. The hotel is near lots of shopping and restaurants. My only complaint is with the breakfast. The food was not very good. I'm not sure how you can ruin an omelet, but it didn't have any flavor. And where was the cheese? Everything was luke warm, even the juice. I don't recommend eating here with so many other restaurants in the area, many within walking distanced. I've stayed in the area twice on business, and I will definitely return to the Four Points over the Sheraton at the aiport. The aiport Sheraton is fine, but the Four Points is better.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Victoria F
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

The main things that this hotel has going for it are its location in the Inland Empire and its cost. This is not the nicest Four Points I've ever stayed in, but it's not the worst hotel I've stayed in.

Good:
Price. For under $100, you get a safe, reasonably clean Starwood hotel.
Location. Directly adjacent to strip mall central in Rancho Cucamonga and Victoria Gardens. Tons of chain restaurants, including PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, Yard House, TGI Friday's, Carinos Italian, and El Torito.
Free business center. Included unlimited use of the internet and a printer. Only 2 computers and the room is very stuffy, though.
Little outside noise seeped in. Despite being on a heavily traveled road, we could hardly hear any noise from cars.
Health center looked modern and clean.
Flat Screen/Flat Panel wall mounted TV with cable.
Free Internet in the room.
Free Bottled water, daily.

Bad:
Amenities in the room were poor. No glasses, only 2 plastic cups in the bathroom. 2 small bath towels that didn't cover much. No ingredients listed on the personal products (shampoo, lotion, etc).
Housekeeping in the room was hit or miss. Didn't replace used plastic cups, coffee, coffee condiments on one occasion.
Elevator had some problems. Lots of squealing and gridning noises.
Little space for clothes. A very small closet and a couple of cabinets was all you got, other than IKEA style tubby bins.

The Ugly:
Air conditioner. Motel 6 style unit that was VERY loud. Temperature only went down to 68 degrees, so if you are a light sleeper or like a cold room, you will have a problem.
Walls were PAPER thin. You could hear EVERYTHING going on in the next room.

The FYI
No minibar in the room, but a refrigerator that actually gets cold. Great for leftovers, but no flatware or plasticware to actually eat with.
The bed is quite firm while the pillows are quite flat.
Small bar downstairs which doubles as a cafe.
Pool is on the north side of the hotel, so it is blocked from the sun most of the day.
Pets are allowed, but you will pay $75.

I would recommend this hotel to someone that needs to stay in this area, but only if the price stays low. I get the feeling that this hotel is going to show signs of wear rather quickly and that the 'little' things are going to lost and overlooked. I would stay here again at the same price.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VeelaVeela
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

My spouse and I spent three nights at this hotel, and I can't say enough good things about it! Whoever designed the rooms actually thought about the travelers' needs - smart placement of shelves, bins and hooks, a great TV visible throughout the room, a comfortable desk with all the necessary communication hookups, and a super bathroom! The shower was the best I've ever encountered in a hotel, and that includes some 5-star properties. The lighting at the mirror was actually adequate to put on makeup, and counter space was adequate for all our toiletries. Most importantly, the room was quiet (even though we were just off the elevator and on the street side) and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The staff was the friendliest I've ever encountered. The only improvement could be made with the in-room coffee makers, which come with a filter for four cups but only prepares a cup at a time. (My stomach couldn't handle the result!) If you are looking for a hotel in this area, look no further!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Burbank
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

I needed an economical place to stay for the weekend to finish my thesis.
Amazing, people were very nice, the internet was free (a little sow if you have to stream video) and dependable. Nice new rooms, modern, comfortable decor, free water! But the best? A real chair at the desk. A life saver if you have work to do.

The location is not a vacation hot spot but everything from a high-brow mall to an outlet mall with 30 restaurants in a 5 mile radius. Could not be more convenient.

I will most likely need many more study-break weekends and won't hesitate to return to this cool litte treasure.

Ordered room service one night, food was fine, not awesome but fairly priced. 10.00 for pasta and veggies. 7.00 for a Ceasar salad. Yogurt and an apple were 3.00 from the little store.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
2.1 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
4.4 km away
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#4 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
3.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
3.2 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#3 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
3.9 km away
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
3.1 km away
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#5 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK