“Fantastic Hotel with great staff and wonderful amenities”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic Hotel with great staff and wonderful amenities”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The full service Marriott Rancho Cordova is a fantastic hotel. The rooms have been renovated and all have high definition televisions, and are extremely comfortable.

In addition, the staff of the hotel is wonderful! Bri F., Bri M., Bri C., Jenny, Nichole, Robin, Yelena, Olivia, Derek, Laura, Asheley, Shahera, Jenel, Luke, Larry, Michael, and Bob are all very welcoming and accommodating to the needs of the customers. The staff is very friendly, which is nice for those of us who travel 52 weeks a year.

The staff in the concierge lounge is wonderful. They also make guests feel at home!

I look forward to continued visits to the Marriott Rancho Cordova!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Kentmarriottrc, Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Stuart P.,
Many thanks for taking the time to recognize many great associates here at our hotel. Though you also enjoy the many amenities of our fullservice hotel in your room and in the Concierge Lounge, our people definately can make a huge difference. I'm proud and lucky to work along side of them!
We look forward to serving you again soon, and safe travels.
Kent Peterson, GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 13 January 2012

i stayed in this beautiful, quiet, comfortable, friendly, well-located hotel (right off of U.S. 50 and quite convenient to all things "Sacramento" and "Folsom") for four days during the Thanksgiving holiday and found it to be a perfect choice. The room had a very nice easy chair that sat in a "bay window" and was perfect for reading, and also a wonderful large wide screen HDTV. I especially enjoyed their restaurant, Formaggio Taverna, where I had their Thanksgiving dinner (selecting the prime rib which was a tender, well-sized, properly-cooked cut with great trimmings) and also enjoyed low-carb breakfast from their "FIT" menu, where they offer one selection for each of three different diet types (there was also a low fat, and I forget what the third one was). I liked having their "pot of coffee" at breakfast, and they were not at all impatient with me sitting there at the table with my laptop while I wrote for about half an hour every morning, enjoying the several cups of coffee that were in that pot (and I wasn't the only one in there doing that). Their restaurant staff was especially friendly and accommodating.

There is free parking, but not free Internet in the room. However, you can go on-line for free in their business center just off the lobby, where they have two computer work stations, each with its own printer, which they kept well-supplied with paper (so that was a plus, since I ended up needing a printer). Sometimes there would be one other person in there, and at other times I was the only one, so I found it to be nearly as convenient on a 24-hour basis as having the Internet (for free) in my own room would have been.

I loved there being a Starbucks inside the hotel. The fitness center had a full selection of loose weights in addition to various machines. The fitness center also leads out to the beautiful pool, which I would have enjoyed if I hadn't been there in the winter.

Here's a special thing that I liked...I arrived around 1:30 in the morning, having driven in from the San Francisco Airport (and the night desk clerk had such a wonderful personality that I stayed and talked with her for quite a while after I checked in). I had been unable to get dinner and was hungry. Well, the restaurant was closed by then, but the hotel had a little "shop" that was always open and among all the snack foods, candy, nuts, trail mix, sodas, and so on (and also various toiletry and medicine items), they sold perfect and very cleverly constituted snack trays--I chose one that had tuna, crackers, cheese, nuts, and cookies, so while it was a "light" dinner, it was perfectly fine for having at the wee hours of the morning up in my hotel room.

While I did have a rental car, the hotel property was right across the street from the light rail system, so one morning I rode the light rail into downtown Sacramento. The hotel was also in close walking distance to several coffee shops and restaurants, so one might be able to do without a car at all if they stay in this hotel.

The day after Thanksgiving, they put up a beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby, so I transitioned out of "Thanksiving mode" right into the Christmas spirit.

For sure, I can see going back there.

Room Tip: They ask you, "mountain or city view" and the answer is "mountain"; "city v...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear thomasdosborneii,
We were delighted to serve you over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Your profile and range of travel experiences is indeed impressive, and I'm sure your thorough review of our property will prove helpful to many travelers not familiar to this region of No Cal. Your comments about location, convenience and accessibility help to point out our central location that many of our guests enjoy.
When one of your frequent trips bring you back to Sacramento, we look forward to seeing you again.
Safe travels!
Kent Peterson
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Have stayed here several times when visiting from out of town and usually are able to find a deal that gives great value. Rooms are very comfortable, and the breakfast in the restaurant is good. Will certainly go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroleerik
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Caroleerik,
We are delighted to hear that you find our hotel to be a great value and find the amenities, especially the bedding package, to your liking. Your loyalty on your frequent visits to the Sacramento area is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Have a great new year and safe travels!
Kent Peterson
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days and it is in a great location right off I 50 with proximity to shopping, restaurants and more. The rooms are large and comfortable with flat panel LED TVs At least 46".

I had an exceptional breakfast in the restaurant and when crunched for time at Starbucks in the lobby. The staff was courteous and my room immaculate. The only disappointment was the dated decor in the hallways and inability to set the thermostat in my room. The only choices seemed to be on/off, heat/air and auto. I like me room a comfortable 70 but otherwise I would not hesitate to book this location

• Stayed December 2011
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Dear NJSunshine48,
Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. We're delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location off highway 50 just minutes away from downtown Sacramento and Historic Folsom. From your comments I see you found many amenities, both in your room and in the hotel, that made your stay more enjoyable as well.

The old saying, "ask and you shall receive", isn't always true but in your case you will be happy to hear that we are installing digital thermostats in all our rooms early next year. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look froward to serving you again soon. Safe travels!

Kent Peterson, GM
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Pros:
Very comfortable bed
Quiet with no noise issues
Room service was quick and the breakfast delicious (above par for room service in general)
Clean overall
Huge TV
Parking free and close to building

Cons:
Internet is $12.95 per day (unless you have a certain level rewards card, or use AT&T DSL or U-Verse at home, in which case you can use it for free as I did)
Housekeeping attempted to enter my room while I was getting ready. The housekeeper opened the door AS she knocked, rather than waiting for an answer. Thankfully the safety lock was on.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear ohiojettagirl,

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you found many of the room, food and beverage and facility amenities of our full service hotel to be of value to you on your visit here. As a full service hotel we have decided that in order to keep our rates as affordable as possible for everyone, we need to make decisions on what ameneties are "free to guests (parking) and what are charged on a per use basis (internet, movies, etc.). I know our pricing doesn't hit the mark for everyone, but those hotels that include services in their rate are more limited in what services they do provide. I apologize that the internet was not included.

Your comment regarding the early start by housekeeping also provides me a very valid training opportunity. Thank you. We all look forward to serving you again soon. Safe travels!

Kent Peterson, General Manager
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 81 in Sacramento
2.8 km away
Courtyard Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Courtyard Sacramento Rancho Cord...
#9 of 17 in Rancho Cordova

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK