Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$ 75
Seaside Inn(Port Hueneme)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstandard roomhampton innrooms are spaciouscomplimentary breakfastmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I got this room online for a great rate. Excellent location, easy drive to the marina and beach. Also some good food options within walking distance (Sushi Hanada was fantastic Tokyo-style sushi). I loved the campy nature of the rooms. They didn't feel worn, just very 70's throwbacky colors (orange-maroon?) and style. If you're a tennis player, the courts are really nice and that alone would be enough. Staff was very nice and they have nice touches like a happy hour and a video room. I'll come back here. Has a unique vibe that the chains lack, and I enjoy that. Free internet.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This motel was just perfect for a family on a budget! The hotel staff was was very friendly and were very accommodating when asked for extra towels and such. They were also very knowledgeable about the area for places to eat and directions. The motel was in a pretty nice area across the street from the naval base and it was very quiet in the rooms...no traffic was heard! It is also very close to a beautiful private beach that you can walk down to and it is amazing! The room was very nice and clean and pretty big... not a 5 star hotel but for the price it worked just great! The hotel provides donuts, juice, and coffee 24 hours a day in the office and provides free popcorn so you can watch a movie in your room at certain times. They also have a library. The breakfast was actually very good... basic buffet complementary breakfast but it was made very well. The only negative was the high speed internet was VERY slow and it took forever to load things so we ended up not using it that much. Parking is plentiful and free! We would definitely book this motel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I took my Korean extended family for a 2 day vacation here driving up from Santa Monica. The purpose of the trip was to get out to Anacapa Island for some Sea Kayaking. We booked 2 rooms for our 80 year old grandmother, kids 7 and 13, brother in law and my wife. Of course, being Korean it was crucial they be able to bring mountains of food with them and be able to prepare and eat it while there :) No problems on either count. Rooms with kitchen have a little microwave and fridge and at the back of the property there are a couple of grills. Rooms are large, beds are comfortable ( pillows are not so good - being your own if you are care about such things ). Get a an upstairs room as downstairs you will hear your too much.

We came here to get some exercise done and the tennis courts and pool were great.

Friendly staff and the included breakfast was enough to set us up for the morning.

It is only a couple minutes drive from here to the Chanel Island Harbor area and a couple more to get to the state beach and parks.

All of that for about $78 a night. Seemed like it was busy but also quiet. We had no issues with noise.

Room Tip: Upstairs! #226 has only 1 adjoining room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. My partner and I stayed for the weekend, then checked out because we thought we found a better deal some place else. Well, we didnt so we checked backed into the hotel 3 hours after leaving.Also, we checked back into the same room. The ONLY thing that was ABSOLUTLY DISAPPOINTING about this place, was the fact that i left my $120 BRAND NEW DRESS hanging on the bathroom door, (i had wore it once for 3 hrs) and when we checked back in, my dress was gone and WAS NOT turned into the office. WE WERE GONE FOR 3 HOURS. And the front desk wasnt very sympathetic about it either. All in all, besides that. The visit was very nice., We stayed for 3 weeks.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The rooms look like they were decorated in the 70's and never updated. When we entered our room it smelled like cigarettes and alcohol. There were quite a few shady looking characters checked into the hotel. The beds were low quality and several of us had sore backs the next day. Might be cool if you are young and in the Navy, but I won't be coming back.