All reviewseach morninghomemade cookieshot tubchimney rockcookies waitingorganic gardenbanana breaddorisbungalowhummingbirdspatiobackpacklighthousehosts
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We stayed in the Alberti Cottage (1BR, kitchen/living room, 2 patios and hot tub). There is one other cottage and the owners' house on the property, but you would never know you're not alone. The gardens are beautiful and hedges are carefully planted to ensure complete privacy. The kitchen is well-equipped, and the owners provide lots of information about things to do in the Point Reyes area.

The cottages are about 1 mile from the center of Point Reyes Station in a quite rural neighborhood (sheep across the fence).

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan-GordonSF
Reviewed 12 July 2015

The cottage was spacious, clean, comfortable, well equipped. Wi-Fi worked great. The gardens and patio are lovely. Hot tub was great after a long day of hiking. The cottage is secluded and quiet but with quick easy access to Hwy 1 and the shops and restaurants of Point Reyes Station and perfectly situated to drive anywhere in the Point Reyes National Seashore. The fresh baked cookies on arrival and home made jam on departure were an unexpected treat. Step out on the patio at night and enjoy the night sky with so many stars that we city dwellers seldom see.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mamma-V2
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Doris bakes a tasty array of cookies for your arrival along with a quart of milk in the refrigerator. This very well appointed one bedroom comes with a full kitchen, BBQ area, separate spa area and a well appointed family room. It is a great place to stay and it makes for a terrific hub to explore the many small towns and hiking paths along the ocean. We hope to be back soon. This a unique and very pleasant couples retreat in my eyes.

Room Tip: This is a separate cottage on the owners estate. There are two cottages only. The owners' home is about 100 yds. up from the cottages.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dichiacj
Reviewed 5 May 2015

We loved this place. Quiet private accommodations.
The hot tub and fireplace made for a relaxing stay as we explored the area by day and stayed in at night. Although the owners live on the property, and are readily available, the privacy is complete.
Doris & Greg are nice as can be, friendly and genuine.
Very centrally located to the area, yet secluded and peaceful.
All details in the cottage attended to with care and thought.
Would most definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I had heard about Ferrando's Cottages for many, many years now through my parents, but I had never been there, so when my mother invited my sister and me for a family weekend over Easter, my expectations for this place were incredibly high. I have to say that from the moment we drove up until we left, the entire visit exceeded my expectations. The thought, care and quality that was (and still is on a daily basis) put into the property are exceptional from the stonework, the decor, the comfortable bedding (I slept on the futon), to the cookies and personal note that greet you when you enter the cottage. The cottage felt spacious, even with three of us in it. The kitchen is a full, functional kitchen if you decide you want to cook for yourself. We liked feeding the chickens on the property with our food scraps and enjoyed a walk around the area. I would love to return... it was a harmonious visit for all of us.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family